closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SIPP's and tracker funds

Hybrid View

Master
    Relative to? I'm referring specifically to stocks. I don't know if it works for any other asset.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by uwtc View Post
    Relative to? I'm referring specifically to stocks. I don't know if it works for any other asset.
    I assume the logic would apply to a stock index just as it would and individual stock?

Seems very simplistic to me.

Master
    Yes, you said your fund was multi-asset which could include bonds/commodities/property etc. So what's the dire performance relative to?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes, you said your fund was multi-asset which could include bonds/commodities/property etc. So what's the dire performance relative to?
    I don’t want to name the fund but it’s given 0% over 7 years, pick your benchmark.

It does include bonds, commodities and REITs. It would have done ok without the trend following function.

Master
    REIT's are illiquid so I can't see how the fund can follow the 200 day rule particularly accurately when the proverbial hits the fan but as I'm not in a position to see the data I shall take your word for it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    REIT's are illiquid so I can't see how the fund can follow the 200 day rule particularly accurately when the proverbial hits the fan but as I'm not in a position to see the data I shall take your word for it.
    I’ve pm’ed you the details.

This is the kind of thing that's been making me want to increase my US exposure.

From today's FT:

the US economy has become a lot less confusing. The economy is growing roughly at, or possibly a bit above, its long-term potential. Inflation is not back to target, but it’s close. Consumer confidence, long depressed and much debated, has in recent months begun to rise.*Most importantly, sectoral shifts and supply shocks have settled down. The New York Fed’s global supply chain disruption index has been bang in line with the long-run average since November 2023, shrugging off a clogged Panama Canal and war-stricken Red Sea.

given a 'normalised' US economy, with inflation under control, and interest rates surely trending downward, it's hard for me to see why share prices would tank. (obviously, i dont know anything...)