closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Will Paula Venells ever be held accountable?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    I'm sure she is going to do a runner, citing some shite about "needing to move to warmer climes for her health" - in order to maintain a false narrative.

Bet she has already started to liquidate assets and move funds beyond 'normal' reach.
    So leaving aside for the sake of argument that the UK does have extradition treaties- arrangements in place with a 100 territories, would she- the Establishment, apply the ´´out of sight out of mind´´ adage, would that ´do´ for all her victims then...it´s hardly British Justice or fairness...is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    So leaving aside for the sake of argument that the UK does have extradition treaties- arrangements in place with a 100 territories, would she- the Establishment, apply the ´´out of sight out of mind´´ adage, would that ´do´ for all her victims then...it´s hardly British Justice or fairness...is it?

I think that is exactly what would happen.

You never know what implicating evidence she has - and who could be dragged into it.

BUT - If Starmer immediately (after Plod and the CPS get off their arses) announces to the public - the plan.................. You have to say it would be a popular move.

The police, and in particular the MET, only seem to move in these kind of cases (eg Partygate) after the evidence becomes overwhelming and the public gets really pissed off.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    The police, and in particular the MET, only seem to move in these kind of cases (eg Partygate) after the evidence becomes overwhelming and the public gets really pissed off.

But, but....................... they don't investigate 'historical' crimes.

But, but....................... they don't investigate 'historical' crimes.

I have to say I’ve always found that to be one of the most incredulous statements ever made by the police, or anyone in public.

By implication one must assume the police are only interested in future crime, a la Minority Report.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    I have to say I’ve always found that to be one of the most incredulous statements ever made by the police, or anyone in public.

By implication one must assume the police are only interested in future crime, a la Minority Report.
    All crime is 'historical' unless the perps. are caught in the act.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    All crime is 'historical' unless the perps. are caught in the act.
    Exactly my point.

The only justification for ignoring historical crime would be a statute of limitations- which we don’t have.

Besides, the Police regularly investigate decades old cold case files, so that completely nullifies any argument they might attempt to make about not being minded to look into potential crimes from just a few years ago.

I think that is exactly what would happen.

You never know what implicating evidence she has - and who could be dragged into it.

BUT - If Starmer immediately (after Plod and the CPS get off their arses) announces to the public - the plan.................. You have to say it would be a popular move.
    I´d like to believe it would be a universally popular move, popular outside the Establishment that is... After all if they can come for Post Masters and we don´t speak out, they can come for any of us some day...