closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    I found it fairly enjoyable but didn't really connect with any of the characters to be honest. I suppose I always compare this sort of thing to "Band of brothers" which to me was epic.
    I've not seen Masters of the Air, but the trailer doesn't look as good as BoB.

The Pacific wasn't as good, either, so I'm not going to pay for an Apple TV subscription to find out how good it is.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just started watching Mammals what a fantastic programme, the Otters in Singapore is a wonderful sight I will go search them out in January

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I've not seen Masters of the Air, but the trailer doesn't look as good as BoB.

M
    I assume you are talking about BoB (1969)

I've not seen Masters of the Air (and doubt I will) but the difference will be that the superb BoB aerial sequences were filmed using real aircraft and I'm pretty sure MOA will be CGI.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

I've not seen Masters of the Air (and doubt I will) but the difference will be that the superb BoB aerial sequences were filmed using real aircraft and I'm pretty sure MOA will be CGI.
    No sorry, Band of Brothers, not Battle of Britain.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

The walking dead - The ones who live, is decent, fills in the back story with Rick - it is only 6 episodes, ends well. Not as good as the early seasons but worth a watch if you invested the time in the original series.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

The flying sequences in MOA are truly superb though - incredibly convincing and visually stunning.

While BoB is seminal and can never be filmed again, the intensity achieved in MOA is next level and I’ve never seen anything like it before.

It doesn’t look like CGI.
    So clever my foot fell off.