closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 2024 Tudor Submariner

Hybrid View

41mm only.

I'd bet that at W&W 2005, BB58 monochrome is the latest 'innovation'.

Some of the Tudors look rather nice, but someone once pointed out the 'slab-sided' cases, and that's all I can see now.

What is "Master Chronometer"? A new movement?

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Some of the Tudors look rather nice, but someone once pointed out the 'slab-sided' cases, and that's all I can see now.

They also have a nice flat case back that I think sits nicely on the wrist, superb clasps and bracelets

Another year wasted circling the real goals ('Twas ever thus)
    The arrival of a small GMT is very welcome, but the gilt and coke colour pallet ruins it for me.
    This sub is very Meh.
    A BB with a choice of bracelets and the adjustable clasp is nice, but not exceptional.
    Just as well I have no spare cash to spend, there's nothing there to tempt me.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    The arrival of a small GMT is very welcome, but the gilt and coke colour pallet ruins it for me.
    I really like Tudor GMTs but this was my exact same thought. BB Pro is the pick of the GMT bunch still for me.

I think the only other Tudor I'd like to try that I've never handled before would be the BB54.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I think the only other Tudor I'd like to try that I've never handled before would be the BB54.
    I tried on a bb54 as quite keen on smaller watches - it didn’t feel any smaller than the bb58 I was wearing to me.

There’s something in the diameter to thickness ratio that strangely made the 54, to me, feel a bit chunkier relatively vs the 58

Master
    The more I look at it, the more I like it.
    Ticks quite a few boxes and I'm generally a fan of jubilee so that is also a win for me. It also has the T-Fit which the Rolex models don't on a jubilee (yet).
    Nice colour scheme.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post

Agree. The proportions even on the 58 are slab sided but much better than the larger watches. The best proportioned side in Tudor in the sports collection is the Pelagos 39.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Standard format for a fixed bezel GMT though, would be a bit odd if they were upside down on a bezel that doesn't rotate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Agree...I don't see anything unusual...same format as the Exp 2.

It's the same as numbers on a dial.

Good grief. I must confess that I've never paid close attention to the Exp II, but I'm well aware of the model. I never registered that the numbers were also like that on the Rolex. I guess it does make sense on a static bezel. But it still puts me off the idea of ever owning that type of watch....... being used to 'normal' diver type bezels the orientation looks odd to my eyes. Anyway, thanks both for pointing that out.