closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont - what have they done?

Hybrid View

I thought the designs were a mess before, I think they're a mess now. Where's the problem?
    "A man of little significance"

I rather like the new branding - makes me think more of modern Breguet than the previous design that was more Budgens.

Bremont - what have they done?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I thought the designs were a mess before, I think they're a mess now. Where's the problem?
    Plus ca change. Oui.

My tribute to M. Bremont, the original French farmer that inspired the whole STORY.
    Last edited by dkpw; 10th April 2024 at 22:44.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Craftsman
    Much of what he says should be good for them with lower entry price, more focus in both design & marketing etc.
    Not sure the 2 releases demonstrate the coherence being sought though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Thanks for posting , provides a lot of the back story covered above in this thread. Sad to see the founders have no operational involvement other than a seat on the board. That must make for a lot of tongue biting!

I quite like the simple three hand terra nova. I normally like colorful watches but none of their bright offerings appeal. The Terra nova at around £3k certainly appeals to me.

Master
    Watch enthusiasts are probably quite poor judges on whether a brand will become a mainstream success but that rebrand looks horrible. I have had a couple of Bremonts and honestly wish I hadn’t sold them, been a fan since the start really. 5 mins on their new look website has extinguished all love for the brand unfortunately!

Made from hardened steel, Trip-Tick is described by Cerrato as having been “more of a design trick” with “no real functionality”.
    Ouch.

Abandoning the in-house movement too. There's no reason to buy this brand now :(

Quote Originally Posted by barneygumble View Post
    Ouch.

Abandoning the in-house movement too. There's no reason to buy this brand now :(
    ´´Nick and Giles embodied a maverick spirit and we definitely want to leverage that.´´ Any meeting, and I´ve sat in a few, where you hear ´´leverage´´ deployed in this fashion, well someone is getting rumped...also it´s nonsensical usage N and G are goneski to any- all intent or purpose, cash trousered and no operational involvement...any leveraging will obviously be of the bullshit sort... and Boy does that Cerrato guy exude oiliness, creep, style over substance...Good luck former Bremont enthusiasts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    ´´Nick and Giles embodied a maverick spirit and we definitely want to leverage that.´´ Any meeting, and I´ve sat in a few, where you hear ´´leverage´´ deployed in this fashion, well someone is getting rumped...also it´s nonsensical usage N and G are goneski to any- all intent or purpose, cash trousered and no operational involvement...any leveraging will obviously be of the bullshit sort... and Boy does that Cerrato guy exude oiliness, creep, style over substance...Good luck former Bremont enthusiasts.
    That about sums it up for me P.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    That about sums it up for me P.
    Hard to argue, I agree. I read that article when it came out and it rather gave me The Fear. Chasing the mass market by dropping the features which distinguish the brand is a risky proposition in whatever sector, and it strikes me that Planet Watch is worse than most given the premium on perceived brand heritage and all that stuff (first instinct is to write “b*ll*cks” there but I know it appeals to some).

As to the new models: blah. To me they look undistinguished, generic and dull. Bremont were always marmite but I liked the distinctive designs and my ALT-1 GMT is a lovely thing with its enamelled crown, black barrel and textured dial. The design has a “voice”, even if its song is emphatically not to all tastes. These new ones are mute. Nothing to say, no means with which to say it.
    Last edited by PreacherCain; 17th April 2024 at 15:46.