closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont - what have they done?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    Your thoughts betray you, padawan.
    Never disgruntled, I enjoyed my time there and it gave me a leg up into the industry.
    to me, your comments never seem very balanced, always negative toward Bremont, past and present which by your own admission, as an ex employee made redundant, certainly gives the impression that you're bias, even if you're not. Contrary, I've never been an employee of Bremont, been an enthusiast for some years but always tried to give a balanced view of both the models and the brand.

I can imagine that Bremont have moved to Sellita for the new models to cut costs. I can also imagine that Bremont used Sellita when the supply of ETA movements started being restricted around 2020. However, prior to that, as I'm sure that you know, Bremont used ETA widely as well as several other movements depending on the model.

regardless, they certainly don't seem to have done themselves any favours with these new releases.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    to me, your comments never seem very balanced, always negative toward Bremont, past and present which by your own admission, as an ex employee made redundant, certainly gives the impression that you're bias, even if you're not. Contrary, I've never been an employee of Bremont, been an enthusiast for some years but always tried to give a balanced view of both the models and the brand.

I can imagine that Bremont have moved to Sellita for the new models to cut costs. I can also imagine that Bremont used Sellita when the supply of ETA movements started being restricted around 2020. However, prior to that, as I'm sure that you know, Bremont used ETA widely as well as several other movements depending on the model.

regardless, they certainly don't seem to have done themselves any favours with these new releases.
    I wasn't made redundant!? Where did you get that from? It was a great business when I first joined (otherwise I wouldn't have joined), with the focus on doing more in the UK, but the shareholder takeover in 2019 was one of the reasons why I left. It's also difficult to be balanced when you know that the public perception of the business is very different to the actual running.
    Bremont was using Sellita widely from 2017 (and earlier than that) because that's when ETA supply started drying up. 7753 and 7754's were sourced for ALT1-P's and ALT1-ZT's only. The early S300's used 2982's and 2893's but the switch to Sellita was circa 2018.
    Last edited by MrBanks; 11th April 2024 at 10:46.

Master
    Saw this picture on a FB group. They look quite good to me:

They might look good, but they do not look like Bremonts, even though the only thing from previous models in the new range is the Supermarine hand shape.
    Bremont tried (and succeeded) in doing something different, with very high production values on what they produced.
    These new models are quite silent on the specification, and it seems clear from the absence of fill on the crowns and the single piece cases that this new range has been specifically developed to cut costs, rather than build up to a specification.

I see it as a disaster for the brand.

The models they introduced are totally anonymous. They could be from any kickstarter brand. So the effort put into building a brand so far is being junked. And there are so many new models (including ones that use an existing range name) that it is clear that this new direction will replace the previous.

They look like they've been 3d printed. It's a nope from me.
    Last edited by jimmbob; 11th April 2024 at 11:26.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I see it as a disaster for the brand. / The models they introduced are totally anonymous. They could be from any kickstarter brand. So the effort put into building a brand so far is being junked.
    Whether you liked the previous or not (I didn't), that is the nub of it, yes. It's extraordinary. I do hope that someone from HQ is reading all this.

It’s been bugging me for days but I’ve remembered what they remind me of….

[IMG][/IMG]

I guess you’d have to handle the new ones to see what they’re all about but I’ve just been in the website where the old appear alongside the new and it’s easy to see that what’s happening is a tragedy.

Those are not the release models though - they're either 3D-printed prototypes, or entirely new ceramic-cased or (hoik! spit!), PVD models.

Notwitstanding, agree with an earlier poster - the similarity to Montblanc's painfully dull, me-too, and slightly-silly "Iced Sea" range is all-too evident...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmbob View Post
    Thought that had to be made up but on checking the Bremont website, it appears to be true!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmbob View Post
    Ha ha ha!
    Fantastic design decision!

Maybe it’s the chunky proportions but that Mont Blanc reminds me of Breitling’s SuperOcean.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Those are not the release models though - they're either 3D-printed prototypes, or entirely new ceramic-cased or (hoik! spit!), PVD models.

Notwitstanding, agree with an earlier poster - the similarity to Montblanc's painfully dull, me-too, and slightly-silly "Iced Sea" range is all-too evident...
    I doubt they're 3D printed models, most likely prototypes, but either way I like the look of them and am a big fan of ceramic cased watches.

I actually prefer the Montblanc.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Maybe it’s the chunky proportions but that Mont Blanc reminds me of Breitling’s SuperOcean.
    There's certainly a similar generic-ness to the overall designs!

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I actually prefer the Montblanc.
    Yep, agree, ditto the Breitling.