closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Inherited old watch collection - help/guidance request

Hybrid View

Master
    That Smiths GS is a rare and lovely thing! If that checks out it’ll fetch a tidy sum for his widow.

Some other nice pieces there too, dirty dozen Cyma, Lemania, vintage Tudor Sub which is now very collectible, two very lovely Omegas, etc, etc… nice collection.
    Last edited by Neil.Ldn; 11th April 2024 at 14:52.

Master
    PS it would be nice to see more of the large black-dialled military piece in the middle. My guess is something modified for WW2 aircraft use. The folk on MWR would be interested.

Grand Master
    Can`t comment on the military stuff but I may be interested in the Omega. PM with some details if interested, I`m guessing it's an automatic but can`t be certain from the pics.

Lovely collection. The general tone suggests the middle Omega in the 2nd picture should be checked to see if it has CS(i) written in the caseback which may make it slightly more interesting. It also wouldn't surprise me if the half hunter on the right of the 3rd photo might have either W&D or RWC in the caseback which would indicate it is a Rolex - likewise the left hand one in the 4th photo.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

What an interesting collection.
    Nothing to add, it’s been said above but i do think she may struggle to teach the estimates above.
    Always good to have a starting point though.

Quote Originally Posted by watchlovr View Post
    What an interesting collection.
    Nothing to add, it’s been said above but i do think she may struggle to teach the estimates above.
    Always good to have a starting point though.
    I agree it’d be a struggle to achieve some of these results via an auction house (i.e. with the consignor only getting around 2/3 of what the buyer ultimately pays). However, the military stuff has fairly consitent market values and it should be easy to get these estimates in private sales. UK buyers will be easy to find too. The only one I’d be cautious about is the Smiths GS deluxe. These don’t turn up very often, and I wouldn’t like to hazard a guess what one would reach in an open auction. It’s the one that has the most potential to fly past what might be expected.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HookedSeven View Post
    I agree it’d be a struggle to achieve some of these results via an auction house (i.e. with the consignor only getting around 2/3 of what the buyer ultimately pays). However, the military stuff has fairly consitent market values and it should be easy to get these estimates in private sales. UK buyers will be easy to find too. The only one I’d be cautious about is the Smiths GS deluxe. These don’t turn up very often, and I wouldn’t like to hazard a guess what one would reach in an open auction. It’s the one that has the most potential to fly past what might be expected.

Hard to tell obviously but worth pointing out that the GS looks to be in fabulous condition…

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.Ldn View Post
    PS it would be nice to see more of the large black-dialled military piece in the middle. My guess is something modified for WW2 aircraft use. The folk on MWR would be interested.
    It’s a cased up Zeiss-Ikon MBK1000 Clock from a German WW2 gun camera. Modified Valjoux 22 inside. The majority of these have been converted into wristwatches like this. Valuation is hard. Maybe £800-1000, but a very very small market.

It’s a cased up Zeiss-Ikon MBK1000 Clock from a German WW2 gun camera. Modified Valjoux 22 inside. The majority of these have been converted into wristwatches like this. Valuation is hard. Maybe £800-1000, but a very very small market.
    Here a pic…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master

Nice, thanks. Interesting.