closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 2024 Tudor Submariner

Hybrid View

For those that have owned Rolex watches of lets say the 1990`s era, how do these modern Tudor watches stack up against them quality wise.

I know modern Rolex watches will be superior but what about new Tudors VS what Rolex were making 25 / 30 odd years back.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    For those that have owned Rolex watches of lets say the 1990`s era, how do these modern Tudor watches stack up against them quality wise.

I know modern Rolex watches will be superior but what about new Tudors VS what Rolex were making 25 / 30 odd years back.
    Modern Tudor keeps better time than modern Rolex. Tested and proven over several of each.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    Modern Tudor keeps better time than modern Rolex. Tested and proven over several of each.
    METAS vs COSC on the newer stuff so stands to reason

2024 Tudor Submariner

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    METAS vs COSC on the newer stuff so stands to reason
    Not just METAS, 58 and 54 I had for a while were also better. +1 a day. Never slow.
    Last edited by Toshk; 11th April 2024 at 20:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    Not just METAS, 58 and 54 I had for a while were also better. +1 a day. Never slow.
    Never timed any of the METAS or COSC Tudors I’ve owned, usually wearing something different by the time you’d want to check the timing, just pointing out METAS is a standard Rolex don’t offer

Nice to see the gold BB58 doesn’t have rivets. Hopefully that follows the rest of the line at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post

I’d say my current BB58 definitely feels better made than my first 5513 and later 14060M. The bracelet is much better quality and the finishing and detailing seem higher. For instance I tried wearing the 5513 on a NATO for a while and the lack of finishing between the lugs seemed very poor. The bracelet was very jangly with a pressed clasp. All of the Rolex I’ve owned were very accurate for the first year to 18 months then wandered - and my BB58 is the same. Having owned every sports model of that era except the Daytona I really don’t understand the hype. I sold them all because they were all a bit boring if I’m honest. But glad I got to do that when I could walk into a shop, buy one there and then for £1500 -£2300 with no fuss or wait lists!

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I’d say my current BB58 definitely feels better made than my first 5513 and later 14060M. The bracelet is much better quality and the finishing and detailing seem higher. For instance I tried wearing the 5513 on a NATO for a while and the lack of finishing between the lugs seemed very poor. The bracelet was very jangly with a pressed clasp. All of the Rolex I’ve owned were very accurate for the first year to 18 months then wandered - and my BB58 is the same. Having owned every sports model of that era except the Daytona I really don’t understand the hype. I sold them all because they were all a bit boring if I’m honest. But glad I got to do that when I could walk into a shop, buy one there and then for £1500 -£2300 with no fuss or wait lists!
    Thanks for that insightful reply, and thanks for being honest.

Very interesting about the 1999 released 14060M in particular.
    Last edited by xellos99; 11th April 2024 at 21:11.