closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I must be bonkers, but fancy a bit of contrarian investing and just moved a few K into a BRICS ETF which has collapsed -60% over the last two years.

I will probably be catching a falling knife, but will hold for the long term when I hope these economies rebound at some point.

You'd be better off with bricks and mortar! :) A solid investment!

Master
    Silver is on a rocket too. Up 17% in one month, and getting me out of a hole, when I bought it very expensively a couple of years ago.

Silver is a true widowmaker, im also back in black now, lets hope it slingshots after gold as it usually does!

Gold holding strong, central banks are on the bid and the western investor still hasnt woken up, though the miners have started to move a bit, Newmont up 12% on a good Q1 report. Druckenmiller has bought into Newmont and rumours are he has dumped nVidia but not confirmed... interesting times. Inflation is here to stay and it looks like USA is heading into stagflation. Got gold?

When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    You'd be better off with bricks and mortar! :) A solid investment!
    Up over 10% in less than 3 weeks on the few K I put in. I know it means nothing.

What I have noticed over the past month is the All World funds have slowly fallen, but stuff like BRIC and Emerging Markets have advanced at a clip. A trend going forward?

Maybe money is finding different locations given sticky inflation in the US and growth slowing?

I am going to continue my contrary journey for the time being and drip feed into BRIC/EM ETFs and avoid All World funds for the time being.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Up over 10% in less than 3 weeks on the few K I put in. I know it means nothing.

What I have noticed over the past month is the All World funds have slowly fallen, but stuff like BRIC and Emerging Markets have advanced at a clip. A trend going forward?

Maybe money is finding different locations given sticky inflation in the US and growth slowing?

I am going to continue my contrary journey for the time being and drip feed into BRIC/EM ETFs and avoid All World funds for the time being.
    World Index Funds are dominated by the USA so that's slowed down a bit in the last month but it's not far off an all time high, I think your comment is only applicable to the last 4 weeks otherwise it looks like a bull run ...

As ever I favour diversification and for EM I use this fund. https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/i...p-acc/overview

Note 0% Russia, I am not sure I'd be happy with the ethics of holding a BRICs fund ...

Last edited by Montello; 3rd May 2024 at 22:01.