closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont - what have they done?

Hybrid View

This appeared on Instagram. I can't imagine they'll find many buyers for this at what it must cost.

I can only echo what's been said here - such a dramatic change in direction and not in a good way. Such bad designs - the dial text alone on the Terra Nova models is dreadful. The ablogtowatch article was spot on - it's pretty much the only watch site that gives some independent opinions. That approach is carried over into the podcast too.

I was hoping under the new CEO that we'd see well judged revisions to the existing lines - maybe a smaller diameter MBII for example. Perhaps the brand is in a bad way and desperate measures are needed. You can always find Bremonts (even the latest models) with significant savings at sale time.

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    This appeared on Instagram. I can't imagine they'll find many buyers for this at what it must cost.

I can only echo what's been said here - such a dramatic change in direction and not in a good way. Such bad designs - the dial text alone on the Terra Nova models is dreadful. The ablogtowatch article was spot on - it's pretty much the only watch site that gives some independent opinions. That approach is carried over into the podcast too.

I was hoping under the new CEO that we'd see well judged revisions to the existing lines - maybe a smaller diameter MBII for example. Perhaps the brand is in a bad way and desperate measures are needed. You can always find Bremonts (even the latest models) with significant savings at sale time.

That looks awfully like the Mont Blanc Geosphere :D

Master

Unhappy

What the hell is that!?!?!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    What the hell is that!?!?!
    My thoughts exactly.

Surely that is not real?

It looks so clumsy and unrefined.

The hands; the all CAPITALS in the text around the tourbillon; and on the upper "world" subdial the numbers appear to go anticlockwise?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    Surely that is not real?

The hands; the all CAPITALS in the text around the tourbillon; and on the upper "world" subdial the numbers appear to go anticlockwise?
    Bit AliExpress, that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullbreakfast View Post
    Bit AliExpress, that.

^ This ^

It looks like hot garbage - a bad copy of a more refined watch, executed (and it should be) in poorly-matched materials.

Bremont - what have they done?

Surely that is not real?

…. on the upper "world" subdial the numbers appear to go anticlockwise?
    With a ‘map’ representation of World time they have to. Not sure how others do it TBF.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 13th April 2024 at 06:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    With a ‘map’ representation of World time they have to. Not sure how others do it TBF.
    Confess I hadn't considered that aspect, but I think my response would have been to rethink whether that was a sensible design decision in the first place.

Surely that is not real?
    I had the same thought but it was re-posted by Bremont today. Just awful and probably 10s of £thousands. The most recent Collective Horology podcast is worth a listen - harsh but fair critique of the new branding.