closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont - what have they done?

Hybrid View

Master
    Blog Entries
    I wasn't a Bremont fan to begin with, but at least you could say they were doing their own thing, something actually distinctive, with the story they were trying to tell and the designs of their watches. It wouldn't be silly to talk about there being a Bremont DNA, and I'd have thought that was where the value of them lay.

These new designs seem very generic. I don't know what the point of Bremont is if it becomes just another purveyor of quite expensive, not very interesting watches. We have more than enough of those already. Some have commented that they look like microbrand efforts, which is fair, but really there are quite a few microbrands that have better designs than these. And they are much, much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullbreakfast View Post
    I wasn't a Bremont fan to begin with, but at least you could say they were doing their own thing, something actually distinctive, with the story they were trying to tell and the designs of their watches. It wouldn't be silly to talk about there being a Bremont DNA, and I'd have thought that was where the value of them lay.
    A slightly trivial example maybe but this is the service sheet for my MB2 that’s with them now.

Pretty obvious this is a Bremont so no idea why they are walking away from something distinctive unless they just can’t do it for the price point they’re aiming for.