timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Red traffic light jumpers.

Hybrid View

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    and cyclists….
    Indeed, idiots aren’t restricted to one form of transportation. Although if I’m going to get T boned by a red light jumper I’d prefer they were on a bike rather than behind the wheel of a pick up truck.

You never said why you chose to share your anecdote about the cyclist delaying you.
    Last edited by Montello; 14th April 2024 at 16:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Indeed, idiots aren’t restricted to one form of transportation. Although if I’m going to get T boned by a red light jumper I’d prefer they were on a bike rather than behind the wheel of a pick up truck.

You never said why you chose to share your anecdote about the cyclist delaying you.
    I was adding to another poster..TFB i believe who said he got held up where theres people 2 abreast, not letting faster traffic pass…i added to that, sorry.

Im not a betting man but id wager that a vast majority of red light vehicular jumpers do it because they are either going to fast, aren't concentrating or think they can beat them. I wouldn't want to say that for the vast majority of cyclist who jump the lights…id wager that a good majority of them do so because they think the rules don't apply to them? Of course I realise youll jump on that so im not saying that it’s right but im hoping you may see the difference.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    I was adding to another poster..TFB i believe who said he got held up where theres people 2 abreast, not letting faster traffic pass…i added to that, sorry.

Im not a betting man but id wager that a vast majority of red light vehicular jumpers do it because they are either going to fast, aren't concentrating or think they can beat them. I wouldn't want to say that for the vast majority of cyclist who jump the lights…id wager that a good majority of them do so because they think the rules don't apply to them? Of course I realise youll jump on that so im not saying that it’s right but im hoping you may see the difference.
    You are probably correct on that. Although the research referenced above about it being safer is probably an additional factor.

The whole red light jumping thing is a real thorn in the side for people who ride bikes. It’s seems rife in cities but less so in rural and less urban areas. London seems a crazy place. I wish people would not do it because it just gives people a stick to beat us with. Just like riding on the pavement.

The consequences of a car driver jumping a red can be very serious for others. The implications for people on a bike jumping reds is most likely just putting themselves at risk.

So based on that I’d say that the issue for society of motorists jumping reds is much more serious than bikes due to the damage and injuries that are likely to occur.

However, neither is excusable.

ramblers walking on the road and blocking traffic would be a nuisance too
    Another example of motonormitivity.

They(Ramblers) have an inalienable right to be on the Kings highway the motorist is merely licensed which is a privilege revokable by the state at any time.
    Ramblers walking on the road or anyone else for that matter who wants to walk from A to B for whatever reason will find many motorists more than just a nuisance, they are themselves ‘traffic’ yet are putting their lives in danger just to walk from the village to the pub on a road without a pavement due to the way many motorists drive.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Another example of motonormitivity.

They(Ramblers) have an inalienable right to be on the Kings highway the motorist is merely licensed which is a privilege revokable by the state at any time.
    Ramblers walking on the road or anyone else for that matter who wants to walk from A to B for whatever reason will find many motorists more than just a nuisance, they are themselves ‘traffic’ yet are putting their lives in danger just to walk from the village to the pub on a road without a pavement due to the way many motorists drive.
    Very true I was rambling with my dear old Dad from one pub to another, stood at the lights, Red for the motorists Green for pedestrians, when a bmw hooned through them, if I hadn't caught a glimpse of the bimmer coming and so grabbed the old man as he somewhat wobbled forwards to cross, well he'd have been a smear.

Is suppose for reference, I must disclose it was in Skegness.
    Last edited by Passenger; 17th April 2024 at 12:44.