closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RMSD

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by huytonman View Post
    They sent me a cheque for £3.79 as full and final settlement...of course I should have known better and wont use them again.
    Keith
    Utter utter joke that is...

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Utter utter joke that is...
    That is farcical.

I have had to apply for the odd RMSD refund due to delayed packages this past three or four months. The phone call process was a joke but that's a very simple process now via their app.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    That is farcical.

I have had to apply for the odd RMSD refund due to delayed packages this past three or four months. The phone call process was a joke but that's a very simple process now via their app.
    From the app? I can’t see to find that

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    From the app? I can’t see to find that
    You need to try harder. :-)

A refund form is here:

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/...rms/fee_refund

Alternatively try this:

- Go to the Royal Mail app Homepage.

- Click on "Help ?" on the bottom bar of the page.

- Click on "How do I submit a claim".

- Click on the first red "Claim Form" button.

- Scroll down to "Claiming for delayed items" then click on "Special Delivery Items".

I'm sure that a claim has to be initiated within 14 days of the delayed RMSD package and only by the person who sent the package.
    Last edited by j111dja; 17th April 2024 at 20:40.

If you are the seller, you HAVE to prove to RM what YOU paid for the goods, which is often difficult. The buyer would be in a better position to make the claim, but they do not have a contract for delivery with RM, so no good !? However, if the seller charges shipping costs (as on eBay) I think it's fair to say that the buyer has paid for the RM service and so has a contract with RM, and the seller has simply acted as their agent. SO the price paid by the buyer is shown in the sales transaction, and that's the proof of value that RM need to process the claim.

Given RM's reputation (well, actually the Post Office more recently) I think you may end up in court. A class action should certainly be made against RM for a completely bogus compensation process and "insurance" premium. I think ANY other courier service applies "normal" rules to their insurance, but their coverage of certain types of goods and other factors limit their use for our purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gren View Post
    If you are the seller, you HAVE to prove to RM what YOU paid for the goods, which is often difficult. The buyer would be in a better position to make the claim, but they do not have a contract for delivery with RM, so no good !? However, if the seller charges shipping costs (as on eBay) I think it's fair to say that the buyer has paid for the RM service and so has a contract with RM, and the seller has simply acted as their agent. SO the price paid by the buyer is shown in the sales transaction, and that's the proof of value that RM need to process the claim.

Given RM's reputation (well, actually the Post Office more recently) I think you may end up in court. A class action should certainly be made against RM for a completely bogus compensation process and "insurance" premium. I think ANY other courier service applies "normal" rules to their insurance, but their coverage of certain types of goods and other factors limit their use for our purposes.
    I've claimed late delivery on three packages via the RMSD service this past nine months. (Please note that I have never claimed for the package value if lost or stolen, for example).

All I had to do was to state who the item was being delivered too, how much I paid for postal costs and the date the item was posted.

Once the claim has been initiated, I received a cheque on each occasion for the full postal cost, and it was fairly quick. I still have the cheques as I processed them via my online banking app.

They provide a 24 hour service that you pay for. If they take another day (or more) to deliver an item then that is the RM's fault. They fully admit it.

If I am the sender of an RMSD package , I've never had to prove to the Royal Mail how much I have paid for the item unless their policies have changed very recently. The RM don't allow the receiver of an RMSD package to make a claim for a delayed package. The contract is with the sender.
    Last edited by j111dja; 17th April 2024 at 21:22.

I've claimed late delivery on three packages via the RMSD service this past nine months. (Please note that I have never claimed for the package value if lost or stolen, for example).
    it's definitely apples and oranges as you've eluded to. Claiming for a late RMSD delivery is simple and quite quick. Claiming for a lost parcel on the other hand is a lot more difficult. I've done both on several occasions through work and the biggest problem is proof of value. Regardless of the insured value they still ask for proof of value and without a current invoice/receipt they do tend to make things very awkward when claiming.

Master
    You need to try harder. :-)

A refund form is here:

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/...rms/fee_refund

Alternatively try this:

- Go to the Royal Mail app Homepage.

- Click on "Help ?" on the bottom bar of the page.

- Click on "How do I submit a claim".

- Click on the first red "Claim Form" button.

- Scroll down to "Claiming for delayed items" then click on "Special Delivery Items".

I'm sure that a claim has to be initiated within 14 days of the delayed RMSD package and only by the person who sent the package.
    Ah I had seen that it’s not actually through the app- it’s just a link to their web paged claim form
    Thought there might be a direct link from your ‘ purchase history’

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Ah I had seen that it’s not actually through the app- it’s just a link to their web paged claim form
    Thought there might be a direct link from your ‘ purchase history’
    The link is a direct link to their site.

As stated, the instructions I gave you were via their app.

Last edited by j111dja; 17th April 2024 at 22:49.