closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: San Martin vs Rolex

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Indeed, but I wasn’t really thinking about the madness of the last four years or so.

Now it seems that relatively normal service is being resumed, buying most models at or around retail should see little or no depreciation over the next five to ten years, making the ownership of the watch almost free.

As I said earlier though, whilst this has been the case for many years (the last few excepted), there is no guarantee that it will be the case in the future.
    One should ague that the insane bit is not the last 4 years of correction, but the preceeding 4, which saw the ludicrous and unsustainable rise, doubling the price and more.
    So that is at least 8 years of madness out of the last 8. You're sure you know which way it is going next?

We might well still be seeing a correction to a quite low rate of price growth, but it wouldn't take much say, escalation in the middle east, or a Trump election win, to precipitate an even more severe correction.

And when you're paying £10k for it, it only takes a 3% drop in price for you to have already afforded the alternative.

My point is that you need a crystal ball to "know" that the Rolex is good value.
    You don't need that to see that the San Martin presents an excellent value proposition, given the level of finishing on show.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    My point is that you need a crystal ball to "know" that the Rolex is good value.
    You don't need that to see that the San Martin presents an excellent value proposition, given the level of finishing on show.
    I Can’t disagree with any of that.

My initial point about good timekeeping is still an important factor for me though and however good the level of finishing is, if the timekeeping is poor then I wouldn’t consider any Watch good value.

This thread is making me think that the watch I really need is either a GS Quartz or a solar atomic G Shock!