closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont - what have they done?

Hybrid View

I can only provide my perspective as a past owner of an EP120, P-51, Victory and still own a 1918, the 10th Anniversary collection, U2 LE, ALT1-Z, ALT1-C, Viper. I don't like where Bremont are going with the rebrand, but I also suspect the evolved movements and classic styles have been put on hiatus to be introduced later as a truly iconic or premium brand at a later date, which will provide a greater profit margin. To me the new direction is more generic and Hamilton oriented because it appeals to the backers' perception and reason for enticement within the American market, which will provide fruits in that direction, and opens up greater premium brand markets.........

Good luck to Bremont.
    Last edited by Nicholas; 20th April 2024 at 01:03.

Master
    Another interesting take on the whole thing from Watch & Wound: https://wornandwound.com/our-reactio...remont-rebrand

I find myself agreeing with quite a lot of Zach Weiss' opinion (writing the latter half of the piece). I've not been a particular fan of the design aesthetic of the 'old' Bremont but a few pieces looked ok, but the new designs are just a car crash.

If you go to Davide Cerrato's instagram, there's some short video clips of the new watches, which don't make them look any better than the pictures IMO. The negative comments make for some amusing reading though.
    Last edited by andy100; 20th April 2024 at 10:49.

I did the artwork on the Bremont Bus (Nick's airplane) a few years ago in exchange for the Boeing 247 (my choice) as I was a fan of the brand. I love the watch and my story behind it, so am genuinely sad to see this development. Echoing the general feelings, I think everything about this rebrand is very poorly handled, down to Cerrato's dismissive comments about the previous designs. Very strange to take over an existing brand and just strip it of all identity. If you're going to alienate the current customer base why not just start a new brand?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    I did the artwork on the Bremont Bus (Nick's airplane) a few years ago in exchange for the Boeing 247 (my choice) as I was a fan of the brand. I love the watch and my story behind it, so am genuinely sad to see this development. Echoing the general feelings, I think everything about this rebrand is very poorly handled, down to Cerrato's dismissive comments about the previous designs. Very strange to take over an existing brand and just strip it of all identity. If you're going to alienate the current customer base why not just start a new brand?
    That was a great project, I have a lot of good memories about that period of Bremont.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    That was a great project, I have a lot of good memories about that period of Bremont.
    It was a memorable couple of days, to say the least. I can't remember ever being as tired as I was at the end of day one, but they gave me the watch and I remember being so happy with it. The Venom art stayed on the plane until last year. It was only meant to be a few weeks, but ended up being many years.

Master
    Thank you for the insight, very sad development in my humble opinion.
    My Alt1-P will never leave me,

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    If you're going to alienate the current customer base why not just start a new brand?
    That’s what I don’t get, if you drop all the products and rebrand what have you actually bought? The staff, the infrastructure and the name. Seems an expensive way to do a start up.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
    If you go to Davide Cerrato's instagram, there's some short video clips of the new watches, which don't make them look any better than the pictures IMO. The negative comments make for some amusing reading though.
    Have to say I think the Terra Nova does actually look a lot better there than in the pictures, very subjective of course.

Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post

Anyone who describes themselves as a "Creative Alchemist" really does need taking outside and given a damn good shoeing.

David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Anyone who describes themselves as a "Creative Alchemist" really does need taking outside and given a damn good shoeing.

That makes for painful and slightly uncomfortable viewing.

Chortle,,, dressed in his finest wizarding gown, standing in front of his magic mirror, Davide contemplates his next horological thaumaturgy.

“Once upon a time there was a king, and the king commissioned his favourite wizard to create a magic mirror. This mirror didn’t show you your reflection. It showed you your soul - it showed you who you really were.

The wizard couldn’t look at it without turning away. The king couldn’t look at it. The courtiers couldn’t look at it. A chestful of treasure was offered to anyone who could look at it for sixty seconds without turning away. And no one could.”

Martin Amis, The Zone of Interest

Some faces really do provoke a primæval instinct to undertake acts of violence upon them...

___

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Chortle,,, dressed in his finest wizarding gown, standing in front of his magic mirror, Davide contemplates his next horological thaumaturgy.
    Bravo! WOTD

Master
    Blog Entries
    dressing gown + cravat = bellend

Whenever I hear anyone use the words "alchemy" or "alchemist" I think of the John Finnemore sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i7g5em_Iug

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    Whenever I hear anyone use the words "alchemy" or "alchemist" I think of the John Finnemore sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i7g5em_Iug
    Strangely the first thing I think of is this:

Davide Cerrato obviously fancies himself as a modern day Lord Percy.

Gary

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegary View Post
    Strangely the first thing I think of is this:

Davide Cerrato obviously fancies himself as a modern day Lord Percy.

Gary
    I think he sees himself more in the mould of Leonardo Acropolis: