closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont - what have they done?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
    That's very sad to hear. It very much sounds like the new management have taken a page out of Elon Musk's playbook.

I wonder if what they were sold on was a very different model to what's happening...
    Ah but the money, the pay off though...

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Ah but the money, the pay off though...
    Can't really blame them. Through savvy marketing they build a brand with no history at all that put them in the same segment as Omega, Breitling etc, with boutiques in many major cities. I guess they needed to seek investment to continually grow but were also staring down the barrel of economic uncertainty in the luxury goods market. It's only a luxury goods company...I reckon cashing out was pretty sensible.

I've just had a gaze into "Mystic Sod's Crystal Ball(ocks)", and predict Bremont will exist as a name only within a larger, Swiss or Chinese based consortium five years from now. Elsewhere, Davide Cerrato will be in charge of Invicta's new CHF250,000,000 Swiss HQ; "The Wing" will be Britain's finest priciest Weatherspoons, and The Bros will be back to putting tiny bits of antique aircraft inside Chinese-made tchotchkes...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Can't really blame them. Through savvy marketing they build a brand with no history at all that put them in the same segment as Omega, Breitling etc, with boutiques in many major cities. I guess they needed to seek investment to continually grow but were also staring down the barrel of economic uncertainty in the luxury goods market. It's only a luxury goods company...I reckon cashing out was pretty sensible.
    If I was in their shoes I probably would've cashed out when given the chance too!