closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Varifocal contact lenses

Threaded View

Master
    I found the latest generation of multifocal one day soft ones a revelation compared to older types, they’ve really improved. An updated prescription was probably part of that feeling, but I think the lenses are significantly better than they used to be too, and you can wear them all day long now. Annoyingly I don’t have them to hand so can’t say which brand they are but David Clulow sorted them out. I’ll edit the post once I’ve checked what they are, I think they may be the ….EDIT - they turned out to just have David Clulow one day multifocal lenses on the box, I’m not sure if they are originally another brand or not, but whatever they recommended was excellent.

Reading seems sharp and natural once you tune into them, rather than manageable like older ones, without obviously compromising distance. It’s just the strange feeling of having very good eyesight again, it feels totally natural and you anlmost instantly forget about them. I often wear them for badminton, tennis, table tennis and motorcycling, without any problems. Progressive glasses would still win,in a side by side test, but for most tasks you’d barely notice the difference. I guess I’d still reach for glasses to spend hours at the computer or reading, but they work fine. They’re a bit harder to put in than older ones due to being larger, thinner and floppier, but it’s worth getting used to. I’d really recommend giving them a go, they’re an amazing invention.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 7th May 2024 at 13:14.