closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What happened to Nitromors

Hybrid View

Master
    Similar experience with Jeye's Fluid. Used to be a great mosskiller, even in very low concentrations.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Similar experience with Jeye's Fluid. Used to be a great mosskiller, even in very low concentrations.
    Try sodium hypochlorite, works wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Just used up 4 ltrs on my monoblock driveway - it's now about £33 per 4ltrs.

Dilute from 14% by vol to around 10% for use, and make sure if spraying it, that you clean off the pump - as it corrodes metals.

Don't get any on your clothes - it bleaches where it touches.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post

Dilute from 14% by vol to around 10% for use, and make sure if spraying it, that you clean off the pump - as it corrodes metals.

I bought in bulk at 18 quid for 25 litres at 15% juiced down 4 parts water to one part solution. (Walker Bros, Oldham)
    You're right about it bleaching clothing/shoes out, no bother.
    I brush it one my drive with a long hair soft sweeper, leave it 20-30 mins then rinse it off with a jet wash, looks like new on completion.

Master
    Would wrapping it in clingfilm assist?

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Would wrapping it in clingfilm assist?
    That is what I do with oven cleaner - brush it on to the sides and cover with cling-film. Way better as it stays in gel form.

for the oven roof - lay out alu foil, with cling film on top. brush the gel on to the oven roof and offer up the clingfilm/foil. drop the foil out and pat the clingfilm on to the surface.

The foil is just to support the clingfilm as you lift it into position.

Master
    I bought in bulk at 18 quid for 25 litres at 15% juiced down 4 parts water to one part solution. (Walker Bros, Oldham)
    You're right about it bleaching clothing/shoes out, no bother.
    I brush it one my drive with a long hair soft sweeper, leave it 20-30 mins then rinse it off with a jet wash, looks like new on completion.
    Interesting, our resin drives got a bit of algae on it this winter & if this will be the best thing to to try, or maybe start a little milder like algae-gone or whatever it’s called.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Interesting, our resin drives got a bit of algae on it this winter & if this will be the best thing to to try, or maybe start a little milder like algae-gone or whatever it’s called.
    BAC-50 is best for algae on patios/paving and fences. Amazon sell it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    BAC-50 is best for algae on patios/paving and fences. Amazon sell it
    Cheers, will have a look at that stuff. Think I’ve got some old / rubbish stuff in the garage but know it’s not enough to cover everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post

If it's that expensive use household bleach. Only ~5% but should still do the job even if you have to use more.

Master
    Thanks. Think I posted for some suggestions a while ago. Nothing I’ve tried has been as effective as a very small amount of Jeyes in a few litres of water!

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Thanks. Think I posted for some suggestions a while ago. Nothing I’ve tried has been as effective as a very small amount of Jeyes in a few litres of water!
    Jayes used to be great for keeping ants out of the house, go all the way round the outside and they won't cross it, we used to have an ant man once a year, when he retired he told me that, it does work