closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Paging those that drive in Hounslow (might apply elsewhere)

Hybrid View

Master

Paging those that drive in Hounslow (might apply elsewhere)

I know that specific bit of road quite well.

Your understanding is correct, the left hand bit is for buses only and other vehicles should negotiate the awkward chicane.

When I was younger I often went straight on as it is easier.

These days, there may be cameras I am not sure. But tbh I think you will get away with it.

Paging those that drive in Hounslow (might apply elsewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    These days, there may be cameras I am not sure. But tbh I think you will get away with it.
    Unless it is clearly signed a bus lane, it is not a bus lane.

TfL are ruthless. There is no getting away with it. You have either contravened a bus lane and you will be fined, or you haven’t.

No chance of prosecuting without appropriate signage, and even if they tried no chance it would get past an appeal ombudsman.

The lane is merely there to keep the traffic flowing when a bus stops. If it was there to prevent trucks turning into the road as per the Cox Lane example above, it would be littered with signs. And there would have to be an alternative turn off for the truck.

The other big clue is nothing comes up when you google Cranford Lane Hounslow Bus Lane.

Try that on Cox Lane Chessington Bus Lane on Google and you get a different response.
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 28th April 2024 at 16:39.