closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: More bike related stuff

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I did - I rode one of the current generation. The one in the picture is an earlier Garner era bike.

Hang on until I get home from work and I'll share my thoughts
    Thanks Gyp be interested to know what you think.
    This is one of the 50 made during the Garner era based on the MKII engine so may be not even as reliable as the current generation.
    I know this has been back to Stuart Bodycote who was the service manager who worked for Garner who has set up now servicing the Donnington made bikes.
    Its supposedly had various sensors changed to eliminate a few of the issues they sufffered from.

Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post
    This is one of the 50 made during the Garner era based on the MKII engine so may be not even as reliable as the current generation.
    I know this has been back to Stuart Bodycote who was the service manager who worked for Garner who has set up now servicing the Donnington made bikes.
    Its supposedly had various sensors changed to eliminate a few of the issues they sufffered from.

Fingers crossed!
    Congratulations, it gorgeous.

It may have a few niggles (just imagine it’s a 40 year old, they all do) but I’m sure most, if not all, the issues have a fix by now.

It’s going to be a hell of a summer for you.

Fingers crossed!
    It looks great and I'm sure it'll be fine.

Master
    ^^^ Thanks everyone.
    Gyp. Did you find any issues with yours or know of anything that i should be aware of?
    Had a good look around it and can see a few quality issues but nothing i didn't expect.

Cheers
    Craig

^^^ Thanks everyone.
    Gyp. Did you find any issues with yours or know of anything that i should be aware of?
    Had a good look around it and can see a few quality issues but nothing i didn't expect.
    Ah, no. I've not owned one, but I did test ride one of the TVS generation bikes a while back.

Loved the chassis/suspension, found the engine a little too "characterful", the electronics/instruments frustrating and the exhaust far, far too loud for daily use.

As well as adding a pillion seat, the TVS (Mk III?) has had quite a few tweaks to improve reliability, though I'm told that the Mk II isn't too bad and if Stuart is maintaining it and has addressed a few of the weak points, it should be fine.

If I was buying a regular Commando, I'd personally seek out a current generation one especially as there's not a massive price premium for doing so, but I realise with very special edition bikes like yours that's not an option.

My son (current Norton employee) sent me a picture today of a Garner-era bike that's been exported to New Zealand where it's used and abused on track days so they can stay together pretty well :-)

Master
    That's great info. Thanks Gyp.
    Yes, i think i'll continue where the previous owner left off and let Stuart keep looking after the bike.
    Not sure this one will see a track day but good to see that it can.

Winter project done.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    Winter project done.

That looks very tidy
    How did you deal with the hole in the casing?

Master
    Winter project done.

thats really nice,well done Sir.as a fellow vintage triumph buff i know the satisfaction building and riding such a cracking beast.
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 1st May 2024 at 08:06.

Winter project done.

Looks lovely sans indicators and oil tank badge, and the new colour with a period type tank badge finishes it off beautifully, well done!