closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: HGV parking in residential streets.

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    No he's not. He is coping with the existing regulations and dire supplies of alternative solutions, yes. And the day he and his colleagues decide they don't want to go through that anymore we'll realise how important their role is to our day to day lives, yes.

But parking the way they do sometimes is problematic, and my sympathy stops when they become a nuisance to the neighbourhood: their presence seems to be associated with diverse sorts of nighttime traffic, food trucks being only one of them, and what they remains behind when they leave is hardly the best way to be welcomed the next time...

To the OP, I would petition the council for decent parking and toilet facilities for them. Having said that we have some near Ashford, but some seem to find them too expensive (for one) or too small (for the other, a small roadside cafe which is always full).
    Nobody seemed that concerned about them while their wages were being cut by ‘competition’.
    I don’t think parking and toilet facilities for HGVs would be a priority for a small village not on any major routes.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Nobody seemed that concerned about them while their wages were being cut by ‘competition’.
    I don’t think parking and toilet facilities for HGVs would be a priority for a small village not on any major routes.
    When I wrote "council" I didn't think you would understand "parish". Here we speak to Ashford Borough Council and Kent County Council on those matters.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    When I wrote "council" I didn't think you would understand "parish". Here we speak to Ashford Borough Council and Kent County Council on those matters.
    What difference would more parking in the borough make if he’s not using the parking already available outside the village?
    He’s only 29 miles from his operating base as well.

What difference would more parking in the borough make if he’s not using the parking already available outside the village?
    He’s only 29 miles from his operating base as well.
    We obviously have different issues. Yours is a local driver who prefers driving his lorry home. Mine are mostly foreign drivers, or Northern (England + Scotland) preparing to cross the Channelled and are too close to their maximum daily driving time, or waiting to be allowed to drive on motorways (forbidden on Sunday if not refrigerated on French motorways).

I'd say yours is easier to fix: a polite message to the driver on his windscreen first (signed "the neighbours" Make sure you have support, you don't want to be alone); Then if not effect a mail/RMSD letter to the company; then...

Master

I'd say yours is easier to fix: a polite message to the driver on his windscreen first (signed "the neighbours" Make sure you have support, you don't want to be alone); Then if not effect a mail/RMSD letter to the company; then...
    If he can park there legally there isn’t anything anyone can do. Ask him and the company nicely to get him to park somewhere else, don’t be an arse otherwise his mates will park up with him for the night.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    If he can park there legally there isn’t anything anyone can do. Ask him and the company nicely to get him to park somewhere else, don’t be an arse otherwise his mates will park up with him for the night.

I think any Heavy Goods Vehicle that is subject to an operators licence must be kept at the registered address, stated on the licence as its registered base, when not out working. I don't think parking overnight near where you live is covered by that. Neither is parking against the flow of traffic which seems to be his favourite way to park.

Master
    I think any Heavy Goods Vehicle that is subject to an operators licence must be kept at the registered address, stated on the licence as its registered base, when not out working. I don't think parking overnight near where you live is covered by that. Neither is parking against the flow of traffic which seems to be his favourite way to park.
    The parking against the flow is the only thing there that could be considered iffy, and that’s a police matter. You can park away from the O licence address any time you want, most wagons do. If it becomes regular and I mean a couple of months every night at the same spot that could be deemed as outside his license and would need another O licence for that location. We have 159 wagons and 900 trailers on our O licence and as long as they are back for inspection every 5 weeks we never see them. We get maybe 1 complaint every couple of months and just have a quiet word with the driver.

If you’re that concerned he’s operating outside his licence speak to DVSA or the traffic commissioner. That’s why I said just phone his company up and they should talk to him.

If like ours this wagon could well have a full camera system on it, the company will have a full 360 video of everything that happens so don’t embellish anything you say. And don’t tamper with it.

Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post

Your answer to my post is not accurate. If the lorry just aggrieves Ian it might be correct. If it aggrieves the neighbourhood I believe the lorry company has a lot more to lose than the neighbours, especially with the number of home cameras around.

As to whether a company can have a driver parking his hgv near his home I don’t know.