closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Upgrading / Changing Camera, but to what?

Hybrid View

I just looked at the size of a D-Lux 7 compared to the X100V and was rather surprised. The Fujifilm is 1cm longer but the Leica has a longer lens. I have a D-Lux 3 and it's tiny in comparison, to the point where I sometimes take it out in my jeans pocket (the X100V definitely wouldn't fit). The D-Lux 3 is clunky, doesn't like low light (at all) and takes ages to take a photo but some of the shots that come out of it are wonderful so it usually goes out when I take the X100V places. I had thought about the D-Lux 7 as a more modern version but the Ricoh GRIIIX looks much more like the smaller size I want.

Have you looked at a Ricoh as an alternative? The reviews are really good (as they are for the D-Lux 7).
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Going from a full frame camera to a compact one might not actually improve the quality of the images. Same as going from DSLR to Mirrorless though the latter gives you better features that still does not necessarily mean a better image. Your investment is in the lenses so the obvious update is a Canon R body and adaptor for the EF lenses. If you want to start afresh then there will be plenty of s/h gear from the likes of MPB to start again.Sony especially have put out so many bodies now there will be loads available.