closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone painted patio slabs?

Hybrid View

We did a large patio in porcelain tiles and budgeted just a couple of tiles round the side of the house. After 2 weeks I got the landscape gardener back to do the whole run down the side to match. One of those jobs you will always regret not doing in full.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    We moved into a house with two square patios (3m x 3m). The slabs were painted when we moved in and 3 years later looked weathered so I jet washed the old paint off and repainted using standard masonry paint.

Cheap fix - have looked and don’t have any pics unfortunately but I remember being quite happy with it until about 3 days later when a bird shat on them.

You could use concrete stain and a clear sealer as will wear off in time otherwise. Think painted would look terrible.

Gold plated tool watch

I can't see painting slabs as a successful long term solution, normal slabs aren't porous, in factories the two pack floor paints need regularly refreshing

Just jet wash them and live with it until funds allow you to replace them.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The only successful outcome would be to go to smartseal.co.uk

Look up their Powder tints you can the mix it with their clear MATT sealer when you have the desired tint, put on three coats of the MATT finish which will dry in twenty minutes between coats

I use all the above to freshen my Creteprint driveway every three years or so, it never comes off.
    Last edited by hilly10; 13th May 2024 at 09:52.

Thanks for the input gents, think I’ll just bite the bullet and get some more porcelain laid at the end of the summer!