closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The reverse grail thread.

Hybrid View

I bought this one as a bit of a stop gap beater, without much enthusiasm for the style, brand or anything else, but it turned out to be great.

Surprised me how much I liked it, especially for something that has zero WIS interest and coverage whatsoever. We went through many scrapes and adventures together, before inevitably I eventually killed it in Australia.

RIP my unlikely grail Luminox.

The moment I set-eyes on a Damasko DC56 (black dialled chrono) I had to have one. I stalked SC for months, but either none came-up, or when they did, I missed them. Then a full-lume DC57 came up - at a good price from a well-regarded seller - so I bought it, expecting to sell it when a DC56 came along:

Since then I have owned - and subsequently flipped - two DC56s and a DC76, while the DC57 not only stays, but is by some margin my most-worn watch and likely the one I'd keep if all else had to be sold.

Possibly waiting in the wings is another unlikely candidate:

Purely to satisfy idle-curiosity about a watch and case-maker of some standing (if not terribly popular nowadays), and because I liked the case design and tool-watch-iness of it, I wanted to try a cheap Squale diver with the 1521 case - possibly with an eye to buying a more expensive variant at a later date...

Eventually a WTB yielded a battered and bodged example - which hasn't actually left my wrist since it arrived a fortnight ago:

Obviously a fortnight is an eternity in the WISiverse, but the reality for me is I need to keep a watch at least a year - and probably more like five - to know if it's actually a keeper, but there's a LOT I'm enjoying about this no-nonsense strapwhore of a timepiece, and it might just be the best all-round diver's watch I own