closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Grail watches that didn't live up to the dream

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Planet Ocean - fancied one for years, but could never quite reconcile the cost with the content. When my mum passed in 2022, and to the surprise of all concerned, she left a little money in her will. Rather than fritter it away on esssentials, I decided to buy a P.O., and it being 2022 I overpaid for it despite it coming from SC. That's fine, it wasn't bought as an investment.
    First impressions were "Wow! Shiny!", it's a finely executed and blingy beast with a great-looking movement - even my wife (who is usually wholly indifferent), was impressed.
    Second impressions were "This is RIDICULOUSLY tall for a 3-hander!", and "Perhaps a bit too shiny..." - meaning legibility can be patchy. The long-winded date-setting was annoying too...
    Again, you can get accustomed to anything, but within a couple of days I began to suspect timekeeping was poor. However, since it was a high-days-and-holidays-only purchase, and I had a lot of other **** to deal with at the time, it was months before I was sure that not only was timekeeping actually terrible, but that it was also incapable of holding any significant power reserve... Yep, I'd bought a broken watch.
    I still have it, it still doesn't work, I never wear it, I can't sell it, and the high costs and extreme unreliability of Omega's servicing means it just sits there depressing the hell out of me...
    And that's the story of my first and last Omega.
    Hard to believe a watch like that isn't worth getting serviced by Omega. Planet Ocean prices are still quite strong.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Hard to believe a watch like that isn't worth getting serviced by Omega. Planet Ocean prices are still quite strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Planet Ocean - fancied one for years, but could never quite reconcile the cost with the content. When my mum passed in 2022, and to the surprise of all concerned, she left a little money in her will. Rather than fritter it away on esssentials, I decided to buy a P.O., and it being 2022 I overpaid for it despite it coming from SC. That's fine, it wasn't bought as an investment.
    First impressions were "Wow! Shiny!", it's a finely executed and blingy beast with a great-looking movement - even my wife (who is usually wholly indifferent), was impressed.
    Second impressions were "This is RIDICULOUSLY tall for a 3-hander!", and "Perhaps a bit too shiny..." - meaning legibility can be patchy. The long-winded date-setting was annoying too...
    Again, you can get accustomed to anything, but within a couple of days I began to suspect timekeeping was poor. However, since it was a high-days-and-holidays-only purchase, and I had a lot of other **** to deal with at the time, it was months before I was sure that not only was timekeeping actually terrible, but that it was also incapable of holding any significant power reserve... Yep, I'd bought a broken watch.
    I still have it, it still doesn't work, I never wear it, I can't sell it, and the high costs and extreme unreliability of Omega's servicing means it just sits there depressing the hell out of me...
    And that's the story of my first and last Omega.
    Sorry to read this. What year is the watch as it may have Omega's 5 year warranty if 2018 onwards?

Also if not, Omega servicing isn't bad at all, if you wanted shot of it Omega would charge £590 to service that and you'll get all the paperwork plus warranty etc. I'm sure you'd then be able to recoup that £590 plus more on resale vs selling a broken watch. This is assuming it's a relatively recent watch.

If it's a 1st gen Planet Ocean then an independent could do it just fine.

Big shame as they are lovely watches but I appreciate the experience so far has probably ruined it for you.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My grail watch didn't live up to the dream before I even got it ... I wanted a Sub, was on the waiting list for 3 years or so then gave up ... couldn't be bothered with the various AD games ...

I have a Mark XX and an Explorer which both make great everyday watches so I don't need anything more ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Sorry to read this. What year is the watch as it may have Omega's 5 year warranty if 2018 onwards?

Also if not, Omega servicing isn't bad at all, if you wanted shot of it Omega would charge £590 to service that and you'll get all the paperwork plus warranty etc. I'm sure you'd then be able to recoup that £590 plus more on resale vs selling a broken watch. This is assuming it's a relatively recent watch.

If it's a 1st gen Planet Ocean then an independent could do it just fine.

Big shame as they are lovely watches but I appreciate the experience so far has probably ruined it for you.
    Probably this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Cynar View Post
    [SIZE=3][FONT=arial]Just not wearing this any more so offering it up for sale.
    It’s the 43.5mm co-axial chronometer.
    I bought it in Feb 2020 from WatchesWorld as ref 215.32.44.21.01.001 which is the rubber strap version.
    I could never get a comfortable fit with the strap so bought the bracelet making it a ref
    [COLOR=#000000]215.30.44.21.01.002 now.
    It’s been worn so not mint but in very good condition with no major dents, scratches or dings. Fully boxed with all the original cards etc.
    I’ll get some current pics up over the weekend, but here’s one from a while ago.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.