closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: American Watchmakers - E Stohlman

American Watchmakers - E Stohlman

I have always had a bit of an interest in American watches, they do have a history of producing some excellent pocket watches and I really like the art deco vintage Elgin watches. Problem is I have always been put off by what seems like numerous redials and dubious colour schemes on vintage watches I have seen.

With that in mind I have been looking around at some modern American watch companies.

RGM seem to be the top of the line brand and on the majority of watch forums there seems to be nothing but positive comments. I know the "cheaper" watches use Swiss movements but I do like the Pennsylvania Series 801 with enamel dial, guilloche on the movement, hand polished American made in house movement there seems to be a lot going on for the money.

E Stohlman, now I really do like a sterling silver case not quite sure why the decided to plate over the sterling silver it seems like creating a problem for no reason. Vintage style case looks great, dial looks nice too but for the life of me I cant understand the rainbow colour scheme does anyone know the significance of it? It just doesnt seem to fit in with the idea of revival of a vintage style watch, really like the white dial one and the chocolate dial version.

https://estohlman.com/products/the-e...other-of-pearl

Are there any owners out there who could post some photos of theirs and their experience when buying?

I have looked all over online and they have a nice instagram page but nothing beats the views of an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    ... E Stohlman, now I really do like a sterling silver case not quite sure why the decided to plate over the sterling silver it seems like creating a problem for no reason.
    Rhodium won't tarnish in air like silver does, and is much harder, so also wears better while retaining much the same look.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    I cant understand the rainbow colour scheme does anyone know the significance of it? ...
    No idea, I wondered if it might have been to tone with the nacreous iridesence of the MOP (which their photos entirely fail to convey), but since its present on other colours seemingly not. Why not email them and ask?

The blue version is also a MOP dial, I have already sent them an email just waiting for a response I was hoping to hear from some owners what their views of the watch are.

***Edit***

Just had a reply back from Eugene, with these being a first run of watches he just liked the pop of colour so thought "why not"

I actually like the idea now that he just chose to do something a bit different.
    Last edited by robert75; 15th May 2024 at 21:08.