closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zenith ladder bracelet shocker

Hybrid View

Grand Master
    Nothing wrong with the old designs even though they look a bit basic compared to modern offerings, it should be possible to reproduce the design and have the clasp function as intended, shouldn't need adjusting till it's several years old at the very least. Hopefully the manufacturer hasn`t skimped on the quality, some of the replacement bracelets thesedays have softer clasps than the originals, Omega are guilty of this despite the eye-watering prices for 1171 bracelets and the like.

The aim in the 60s and early 70s was to produce bracelets that were light, and watches that were slim, excessive bulk was frowned upon. Nowadays the opposite seems to be true and there's a mistaken perception that heft equates to quality.

I`m far happier with 60s and 70s watches, that's virtually all I wear thesedays.

I had exactly the same issue and Stuart Lord at Zenith asked me to send the watch in, so that they could fix it.

I was reluctant to send the complete watch in. So he agreed I could remove the clasp myself and just send that in along with the warranty card.

About six weeks later I received a brand new clasp, which works perfectly.

Needless to say, I was very impressed with Zenith customer service.