closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car paint repair recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    Going thorough insurance they'd still milk it, a hire car for a month while the correct plastic end caps arrived from china.

That'll be £2k please and £7 for parts.
    Back then it was a fairly easy diy job or any garage could fit them. Most of the time it was a liberal spray of ‘back to black’, a buff with a cloth and job done - then down to Our Price to pick up the latest Kajagoogoo single!

Craftsman
    My local smart repairer does Tesla so I'm sure many others do , perhaps your local chaps don't want the work

Master
    £3300 to repair this. I'm still angry nearly a year later.
    The guy in the BMW certainly didn’t go to a main dealer at that price, the bumper can be got from eBay for under £200, spraying another £200 say £150 for fitting then the vat.

Main dealers would have gone that’s 20 clips at £15, bumper at £800 and the list goes on.

One of the office staff reversed into the trainers car, main dealer wanted £4200 and the insurance was happy till they found out she didn’t have commuting on her policy so wouldn’t pay out. They agreed to get it done at the local garage and her pay, £870 was the final bill. That was a 3 series as well.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

£3300 to repair this. I'm still angry nearly a year later.
    Nothing can convince me stuff like this isn’t legal fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    The guy in the BMW certainly didn’t go to a main dealer at that price, the bumper can be got from eBay for under £200, spraying another £200 say £150 for fitting then the vat.

No he didn't, because he knew I'd then go down the insurance route instead, which neither of us wanted. But I of course would have if it came to thousands.
    You're about spot on with your prices, on the invoice new bumper was £180, removal of old bumper, then painting and fitting new bumper £380, the rest vat.

I pretty much accused AXA of fraud or at best turning a blind eye to it. What they made of the situation I'll never know because they ignored half a dozen e-mails, managing only one in reply offering me £50 for my complaint and £25 for the delay in replying.

I can't help but think if I'd have sent them a bill claiming for a months car hire, a new tyre and the whole rear quarter resprayed they would have refused to pay and accused me of all sorts. But when their approved repairer does it....

As it is I have a new tyre, the door they re-sprayed had missing paint after being hit with a shopping trolley in a separate incident, so that's fixed. £75 in my pocket as compensation and unaffected no claims bonus.

I'm with a new company now and my premium is somehow lower. I shouldn't complain really.

So as an update I got a quote from a company called Axioma (decent Trust pilot reviews) that came in 'slightly' lower than Tesla.

Their quote?

£325

Needless to say, I'll be taking that option up.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    So as an update I got a quote from a company called Axioma (decent Trust pilot reviews) that came in 'slightly' lower than Tesla.

Their quote?

£325

Needless to say, I'll be taking that option up.
    That’s a result, and no need to live with the scratches until the end of term.