closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Whiskey

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB4 View Post
    Hi, did you go and do the tour?A very interesting experience. Have you opened the Sherry cask one yet, be interested in your thoughts, I like the Penderyn Maderia so think I'd enjoy this one. Last visit I came back with their "normal" one, a smokey one and the Dessert one, don't think the sherry cask was available then. Cheers, John B4
    Hi John.
    I have tried the Standard bottle, very good and easy drinking; too easy! I have also tried the Sherry cask award winner, it is absolutely gorgeous for my taste, at 46% it puts a bit of fire in your belly, but its not overpowering, lovely dried fruit richness and flavours that linger pleasantly on the palette. It is right up with anything I have tasted previously. I would recommend it 100%.

Master
    Another couple visited, this time on Arran.

Andy.

Lovely. I'd walk out of Arran skint!

Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post

Andy.

Master
    Blog Entries
    This came on offer in Morrisons this very morning reduced from £48 to £27 lovely smooth Whisky and a tad more gentle then isle of Islay

Master
    Visited Benromach and Benriach yesterday. Nothing took my fancy at Benromach but I got Mrs G a bottle of their Red Door Gin.
    I was going to replenish my Smokey 12 at Benriach but was able to sample ‘The Twenty One’ and my word it’s beautiful. Honey and bourbon on the nose were what I picked up. It’s a subtle sweet and smoke dram.
    Bottle acquired !!

Andy.

Andy.
    Ha ha! Did exactly the same visits a couple of weeks ago. Also bought a bottle of the Pour Your Own from The Lagg Distillery.

Personally didn’t particularly like the Lochranza whiskys except the Machrie Moor (peated)

Could’ve easily spent a lot more at Lagg though.

Thoroughly recommend the Fintry Inn with the Uncharted Whisky Company tasting room

https://unchartedwhisky.com/uncharted-tasting-room/

I came away with a bottle of Back In Brackla

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I sampled the Machrie Moor 10, and the cask strength also when I was there. Machrie Moor 10 was definitely up my street.
    I tend to like peat & smoke, and generally steer away from sherry cask finish…
    I was going to go for the Machrie 10, but the 11yr old Bonfire edition of the Arran was lovely as well.