closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: More bike related stuff

Hybrid View

Today I earnt my Riding In The Rain With Luggage badge. Wensleydale decided to ignore the forecast, and filled itself with cloud and meaningful drizzle. Very pretty, and fortunately I was stuck behind a slow Tesco delivery van most the way, so a genial plod was all that was possible. Luggage at the end of the journey:

Getting my right foot in and out of that gap was pretty comical.
    Last edited by Der Amf; 16th May 2024 at 07:55.

Can't believe that this time next week I'll have my bike back after months without it, and the bike will have a garage. Looking out at the garden it seems a million miles away but it'll all be finished next Thursday (god willing - having the guys on site for weeks is starting to do my head in).

Who's doing the DGR tomorrow, as a matter of interest?

I'm supposed to be taking part with the Oxford ride if my back holds up. I sneezed on Tuesday and it went into spasm, something I haven't experienced since before covid which is just my luck. I missed the Oxford Redbar meeting yesterday as I could still barely walk, but it's eased a little this morning so fingers crossed. So long as I can kickstart my Rapide into life without ending up in an agonising heap on the floor I'll be there. My Harris tweed suit, my shirt tie and pocket square and my brogues are waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    I'm supposed to be taking part with the Oxford ride if my back holds up. I sneezed on Tuesday and it went into spasm, something I haven't experienced since before covid which is just my luck. I missed the Oxford Redbar meeting yesterday as I could still barely walk, but it's eased a little this morning so fingers crossed. So long as I can kickstart my Rapide into life without ending up in an agonising heap on the floor I'll be there. My Harris tweed suit, my shirt tie and pocket square and my brogues are waiting!
    As someone who experiences periodic back spasms I can empathise, Duncan - they're agony. Good luck, anyway, but don't take unnecessary risks if you're in any kind of pain or you'll likely end up in trouble.