closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hamilton G.S

Hamilton G.S

Hi TZ,

Seen this for sale and wondered what the collective think. From a post on WUS it appears that these were faked? First time I have seen a GS with the broad arrow but I have to admit my knowledge is very limited. The case back seems too good?

The watch is for sale from a reputable clock and watch dealer, not fleabay!

Thanks,

Quality Man.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Quality Man; 16th May 2024 at 21:35.

Craftsman
    It's very likely a fake, D you have a mvt pic? There is a thread on MWR here, if you are a member, it had a Benrus mvt in it https://www.mwrforum.net/forums/show...ht=hamilton+gs

Thanks for the reply size11s. No movement picture I’m afraid. I have tried to join MWR a couple of times but they don’t activate my account, don’t know if it is closed to new members?

Hamilton G.S

Reiterating what has been mentioned above. There are several threads on MWR about Kenyan Army Hamiltons. There’s scepticism, I think around those with pristine casebacks that indicate the watches should have 684 movements but don’t and the wider style of sword hands not normal for Hamilton GS or 6B of the era.

Ps. Ask if there’s a movement dust cover. Apparently the Hamilton dust cover doesn’t fit those with questionable movements.

Just had a butcher’s at MWR. There are original KAs, but others thought to be later put togethers maybe with Hamilton cases and tritium dials, made up with some other movement and wider hands with Luminova lume.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 17th May 2024 at 07:53.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Reiterating what has been mentioned above. There are several threads on MWR about Kenyan Army Hamiltons. There’s scepticism, I think around those with pristine casebacks that indicate the watches should have 684 movements but don’t and the wider style of sword hands not normal for Hamilton GS or 6B of the era.

Ps. Ask if there’s a movement dust cover. Apparently the Hamilton dust cover doesn’t fit those with questionable movements.

Just had a butcher’s at MWR. There are original KAs, but others thought to be later put togethers maybe with Hamilton cases and tritium dials, made up with some other movement and wider hands with Luminova lume.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    I think you are correct with these
    I do think they are genuine cases and dials but the hands and movement were added later.

My father bought one years ago, if you take it for what it is is actually quite a nice little watch

The Record version of the watch is hand engraved with the KA number

Thanks for the info guys, I have asked ref the dust cover.

QUOTE=Quality Man;6396818]Thanks for the info guys, I have asked ref the dust cover.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app[/QUOTE]

If he has to take the back off to see if there is a dust cover, he can give you the movement details. My bet is it isn't a Hamilton 684.

If you are interested, at the price asked on-line, I'd wait for a Hamilton RAF 6B or other GS or even a civilian 1990s 9721 if the price is right.

Hi Billy, yes I won’t be looking to buy this one, just doesn’t look/feel right to me. Thanks for the continued input.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Quality Man View Post
    Thanks for the reply size11s. No movement picture I’m afraid. I have tried to join MWR a couple of times but they don’t activate my account, don’t know if it is closed to new members?

Did you use the same name as here to try and join MWR, "Quality Man", if so I can ask the mods to look for your account and activate it. Or, if it's another name let me know and I will ask. It is a closed forum in the wider sense, but is open to new members.

Hi size11s, yes I did use Quality Man, thanks for that, much appreciated.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Quality Man View Post
    Hi size11s, yes I did use Quality Man, thanks for that, much appreciated.

Done, fingers crossed.

Cheers!

Craftsman
    I am told that you should be able to use MWR now.....

I can! Thanks very much for that.

Ref Billy’s suggestion about the dust cover, I have not had a response from the vendor.