closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Euros 2024 Thread

Hybrid View

We are down in the Provence Alps during this year’s (we usually luck out with either World Cup or Euros) - and love the atmosphere down there for matches.

Singles, couples and families watch in the bistros while eating and drinking, the kids with national flags on their cheeks………. Patriotic, without being obnoxious - it is a really great atmosphere. We plan our dinner-out evenings for France games mostly.

And since Scotland never gets anywhere - we just cheer France and ………. “Allez les Bleus!!!”

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    We are down in the Provence Alps during this year’s (we usually luck out with either World Cup or Euros) - and love the atmosphere down there for matches.

Singles, couples and families watch in the bistros while eating and drinking, the kids with national flags on their cheeks………. Patriotic, without being obnoxious - it is a really great atmosphere. We plan our dinner-out evenings for France games mostly.

And since Scotland never gets anywhere - we just cheer France and ………. “Allez les Bleus!!!”
    Wait till the English rock up, everyones peace and quiet we be shattered 😆

Trent and Curtis Jones in as midfielders. I’m so bored of the Trent thing so I’ll leave it but Curtis Jones would be playing in the EFL if he wasn’t scouse. I’m equally amazed to see Dunk even get the extended squad. Rashford rightly omitted though.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    but Curtis Jones would be playing in the EFL if he wasn’t scouse.
    Your anti-Liverpool sentiment has little bounds

I'm surprised Saka and Foden are in the squad. I was expecting him to play Phillips and Henderson as our attacking midfielders.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I'm surprised Saka and Foden are in the squad. I was expecting him to play Phillips and Henderson as our attacking midfielders.

Foden? This years Football writers player of the year? Who can play natural attack or drop back to make plays from attacking midfield? Who's had an impact in almost every game he's played with 52 starts, 27 goals and a dozen crucial assists?
    I'm shocked that he's in the line up too.

Pop him up front with Palmer and wait for the naysayers to do the seasonal 180 when we start to look like winning.

This is going to be an awesome tournament, some very young, untested teams and still some proper talent backing up the youth. I can't wait to watch us play, final four easy.
    Every group LOOKS to have a clear favourite, but I'm very excited to see group B pan out (Spain and Italy) and group D with France and Netherlands. I'm going to really enjoy this summer, and I'm going to support Southgate because despite the defensive mindset he still knows how to surprise up front.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Foden? This years Football writers player of the year? Who can play natural attack or drop back to make plays from attacking midfield? Who's had an impact in almost every game he's played with 52 starts, 27 goals and a dozen crucial assists?
    I'm shocked that he's in the line up too.

Pop him up front with Palmer and wait for the naysayers to do the seasonal 180 when we start to look like winning.

This is going to be an awesome tournament, some very young, untested teams and still some proper talent backing up the youth. I can't wait to watch us play, final four easy.
    Every group LOOKS to have a clear favourite, but I'm very excited to see group B pan out (Spain and Italy) and group D with France and Netherlands. I'm going to really enjoy this summer, and I'm going to support Southgate because despite the defensive mindset he still knows how to surprise up front.
    Yes I was being ironic given who our manager is

Nothing to do with Liverpool. If he was a Manchester lad playing for United I’d say the same. It’s about being nowhere near good enough to play international football.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Your anti-Liverpool sentiment has little bounds

The squad is too top heavy, there's fantastic riches in attack but you can't win anything without a good defence.

Southgate's record is better than any one in terms of getting England to play well and consistently progress in major tournaments but he has still not been able to defeat the big teams when it matters. That accusation can be made at any England manager except Alf Ransey in 1966 (1970 and 74 weren't so pretty though).

People have short memories.
    Last edited by watchcollector1; 21st May 2024 at 14:56.