closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Varifocal contact lenses

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by de30m View Post
    MyDay was a unique lens when we launched it as it had the best of the near and distance designs on the market at the time as well as low medium and high power adds so a new fitting regime needed to be developed for the balanced progressive design and the options 3 adds gives, for opticians to follow, but is still a compromise especially if you have astigmatism.

There is no Toric MF daily lenses from any of the major brands and we only make them as monthlies due to the small number of wearers and the costs involved in such a complex prescription.

We have the largest range of any contact lenses manufacturer, the highest number of wearers and are the second largest by volume. It would need a lot more of us who would need them to create the demand for a single use version.

Apologies for the pseudo sales pitch. But have nothing bad to say about any of the competitors but find an optician you trust and be honest with what you want and there’s lenses for you from one of us.
    They were the ones I was toying with giving a try once I get the lens details from the optician & ordering online. I’m only +1.25 add in my varifocal so I’m assuming I’d be a low add with a contact.

The other optician at Costco I really did trust, did my varifocals and fixed vision driving ones was the best I’d ever had & best vision since.

I lucked out and got this other one the second time & she clearly doesn’t know what she’s talking about with regard to lenses & daily VF torics. She insisted I have a how-to-fit appointment despite me wearing them on & off for 30yrs, just was incapable of listening to me.

Half tempted to cancel the appointment, lose the £15 and find somewhere else to trial them with as I don’t trust her.

I did get a headhunter call me a couple of years ago about a role there, but the commute was far too long, although pre covid so may have increased flex these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    I went to the opticians today and reluctantly binned the idea of multi/varifocal lenses. My sight isn't that bad but with the lenses in, neither my distance or reading vision was as good as I wanted.

I've got some "ordinary" distance vision ones to try now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I went to the opticians today and reluctantly binned the idea of multi/varifocal lenses. My sight isn't that bad but with the lenses in, neither my distance or reading vision was as good as I wanted.

This was my previous experience. This was 1 lens with distance & toric, the other with varifocal. Was just a compromise all round.

I think I’m getting no toric correction & 1 full powered vari, then a lower one to help reading. Can’t see it working, as my only experience of non astigmatism correction is off the shelf reading glasses & I see worse with them than without. At least they were cheap, and got handed to a friend.

I just want to be able to wear my RB Caravans for something other than reading a book! Around the pool, I have a non Rx pair of sunglasses, a distance pair for sailing / seeing things & then a compromise pair of RB Rx glasses from an older prescription where I can see a good amount of distance, a fair amount for reading at a longer length, but again a compromise.

All a ball ache really

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    This was my previous experience. This was 1 lens with distance & toric, the other with varifocal. Was just a compromise all round.

I think I’m getting no toric correction & 1 full powered vari, then a lower one to help reading. Can’t see it working, as my only experience of non astigmatism correction is off the shelf reading glasses & I see worse with them than without. At least they were cheap, and got handed to a friend.

I just want to be able to wear my RB Caravans for something other than reading a book! Around the pool, I have a non Rx pair of sunglasses, a distance pair for sailing / seeing things & then a compromise pair of RB Rx glasses from an older prescription where I can see a good amount of distance, a fair amount for reading at a longer length, but again a compromise.

All a ball ache really

I'm certainly disappointed but I'll see how the single vision ones suit.

On a slight tangent, I was with some former colleagues the other day and I'd forgotten that two of them have had lens replacement surgery. I say surgery, it's apparently a 5 minute procedure. I'm far too squeamish and risk averse but they seem very satisfied.

Master
    I'm certainly disappointed but I'll see how the single vision ones suit.

On a slight tangent, I was with some former colleagues the other day and I'd forgotten that two of them have had lens replacement surgery. I say surgery, it's apparently a 5 minute procedure. I'm far too squeamish and risk averse but they seem very satisfied.
    I know with -3.25 glasses how blind I am trying to read without removing them. Couldn’t imagine being reliant on a pair of reading glasses, or monocle lol.

My mum had hers done due to cataracts (from memory, maybe something else), but I seem to fall into being too young for this and too old for laser benefit. I always focus on the what-if scenarios and keeps me firmly wearing glasses which does frustrate.

Master

How long did you give them? As with progressive glasses, you have to get used to them, focus won’t be where you left it. Different brands and the prescription itself can also be a factor.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    How long did you give them? As with progressive glasses, you have to get used to them, focus won’t be where you left it. Different brands and the prescription itself can also be a factor.
    Not long. A couple of weeks. Vision Express trial. To be honest, I couldn’t be doing with not being able to see “properly” - even for a few(?) more days. Impatient, maybe, but didn’t like the sense of poor vision.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I always focus on the what-if scenarios and keeps me firmly wearing glasses which does frustrate.
    Yes, even big standard laser surgery terrifies me.