closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Daniel Craig's watch?

Master

Daniel Craig's watch?

Guess Omega would not be too pleased if this were true.

http://www.melrosejewelers.co.uk/rolex- ... ames-bond/

Craftsman

Re: Daniel Craig's watch?

I'd be surprised if it were true. Not that I dont expect him to won a Rolex, but for Promo's, etc, I'd be amazed if he wasnt wearing his sponsors watch. In my experience, papers can seldom even get cars right (how many timesdo you see the wrong photo attatched to a story), so I dont expect them to be able to tell two fancy divers apart.

Master

I'm pretty sure that Whilst the James Bond franchise has a deal with Omega, Daniel Craig does not. He is free to wear whatever he chooses. It seems he has a liking for Rolex.

Regards

Tim

I'm pretty sure that Whilst the James Bond franchise has a deal with Omega, Daniel Craig does not. He is free to wear whatever he chooses. It seems he has a liking for Rolex.

Regards

Tim
    I think this is spot on. I've seen him wearing his Rolex multiple times. I assume his contract doesn't exclusively make him wear Omega.

Daniel Craig has a love of vintage Rolex and often wears them in his normal life. The '6538', a version of the Rolex Submariner from the 1950's, is also known as the 'Big Crown'. His one was a present from his other 'arf and would have cost about £40k.

The 6538 was indeed the one worn on numerous occasions by Sean Connery, but in reality, in the Bond books written by Ian Fleming, he never actually mentioned a specific model name. He just said that Bond wore an 'Oyster Perpetual'.

When filming started on 'Dr No', the props dept didn't have a Rolex, so the Producer took his own Rolex off (a 6538) and gave it to Connery to wear...and the legend was born!! :)

Obviously Craig has taste (and is not obligated to wear only Omegas).

Jason

Master

Obliged

Craftsman

Melrose Jewellers trolled this site a few months back, showing a picture of a gold Rolex that not even Ali G would have been caught dead wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A
    Melrose Jewellers trolled this site a few months back, showing a picture of a gold Rolex that not even Ali G would have been caught dead wearing.
    Melrose are a bunch of w@nkers who troll on various sites and try and get free advertising! If anyone comes across any of their 'posts' about great customer service, etc., it's best to just ignore or post suitably degoratory replies!! :D

^
    I'd heard that before I ever joined TZ-UK.

Master

Interestingly the 07 Omega brochure shows a picture of DC with the caption "Daniel Craig as James Bond". The 08 Brochure has no picture or mention of DC, just the 007 logo writ big with regard to the Seamasters (Professional and PO).

So yes, agree with the above, it seems that the fictional James Bond is the ambassador, not DC.

Previous to that, Pearce Brosnan (himself) was the ambassador. And if you watch the film "The Thomas Crown Affair" (remake, not the original, an excellent film by the way) Pearce Brosnan plays a very wealthy successful businessman. At one stage he checks his watch and we see a close up of the face. It's a gold Jaeger Le Coultre Reverso but with all the writing removed from the dial. This was (apparently) because his Omega contract stipulated he couldn't be seen wearing any other watch make so they got around this by removing all manufacturer reference from the watch.

If he does wear a Rolex then fair play to him as it's the true Bond watch in any case. I might be alone here but I find Omega's blatant product placement strategy quite distasteful and if anything it puts me off the brand. I have had 3 x Omega's go wrong in the last 6 months (Looks like you were right Neil C) all with versions of the 3303 movement and I would like to see Omega divert more money into the reliability/quality of their product instead of spending so much on product placement.

It's not very clear but I don't think he's wearing Omega here.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master

Quote Originally Posted by shalako
    If he does wear a Rolex then fair play to him as it's the true Bond watch in any case. I might be alone here but I find Omega's blatant product placement strategy quite distasteful and if anything it puts me off the brand. I have had 3 x Omega's go wrong in the last 6 months (Looks like you were right Neil C) all with versions of the 3303 movement and I would like to see Omega divert more money into the reliability/quality of their product instead of spending so much on product placement.
    Blatant product placement?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1lmAfy3c10

Nah :D

Master

hear hear. everything can't be bought. time omega realized that?

Master

Fact that this tread exists is witness that product placement and celebrity endorsements do work!
    He has been paid by Omega and Rolex to get publicity in WIS circles. :lol:

Master

Indeed. The subject of 007 and watches crops up a lot on here so clearly the product placement works on most of us, no matter how much we like to believe we're above that kind of thing. :D

Banned

I liked it when he took his Omega off and gave it to Jonathon Ross. It was then auctioned on The Bay for children in need 8) I was the highest bidder for an hour :lol:

I have had 3 x Omega's go wrong in the last 6 months (Looks like you were right Neil C) all with versions of the 3303 movement and I would like to see Omega divert more money into the reliability/quality of their product instead of spending so much on product placement.

I'm always right :wink: but sorry to hear you have had so much trouble with yours Shalako. :(
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C
    I'm always right :wink:
    I thought you were married Neil :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne

It's not very clear but I don't think he's wearing Omega here.

Eddie
    Perhaps the Omega he gave away for charity?
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Craftsman

If Rolex support Daniel they done a great marketing action :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by setb
    If Rolex support Daniel they done a great marketing action :lol:
    Rolex have nothing to do with Daniel Craig (i.e. no business arrangements, formal or informal). It's just coincidence that he's a fan of vintage Rolex. :)

Omega have tarnished their product with all the tacky product placement, IMHO! They make very nice, robust watches - so it's a shame the brand is being turned into 'Fossil' or 'Gucci'!! :evil:

Jason

Master

This might help clear things up and be of interest at the same time:

http://rolexblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/d ... nnery.html

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by stix
    This might help clear things up and be of interest at the same time:

http://rolexblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/d ... nnery.html

Enjoy
    Interesting. Without commenting on the rest of the post there, I note the reference to the Bond strap uses one of Eddie's pics, and then he suggests that this is the very strap Daniel Craig is wearing. So, Eddie, come clean, are you paying Daniel Craig as a Timefactors strap brand ambassador? :twisted:
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

it is one of eddies straps., i got it for him.

cheers
    mike :wink:

It is a Rolex Submariner 6358, an exact replica of the one he remembers Sean Connery wearing in Goldfinger.”
    I'm guessing it's not a replica at all!