closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RXW (again)

Master

RXW (again)

I know that RXW have been mentioned recently, since they bear an uncanny resemblance to another well known maker beginning with R.

I see on eBay that they are available for not much dosh. I was particularly interested in their GMT model:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... tegory=290

I was looking for a GMT beater, and this seems like an absurdly good price. They claim a Japanese movement, presumably Miyota, anyone know anything more for certain?

Kevin

Avoid this one...

Hi Kevin,
    There are a load of these "fake" RXW watches on ebay all the time. I'd avoid them.

RXW are good watches and will sell for good prices. If its too good to be true...yada, yada

Scott

Grand Master
    There are a lot of RXW's that look like watches starting with P also...the Marina Militare springs to mind. THis one is kinda cheap though?

Ming

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha
    I've not heard of these, but they look ok. Now we've been saved from buying dodgy ones, anybody know where the legit ones are available?
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

Master

Legit RXW

There are a lot of copies of the RXW watches floating around at eBay and other auction sites.

RXW = Rock eXel Watches can only be bought legit from its original website in Japan, i.e., http://www.rockxwatch.com. The website is in Japanese - maybe there's an English translation button somewhere.

RXW watches aren't cheap (may be more than USD500) and they aren't exact replicas of the orginal R***x and P*****i watches. The copies floating around are usually only USD100-150.

Master
    I'm fairly convinced that what is on eBay is a fake. Quite ironic that, a fake of a fake? There actually is an English version of the RXW site:

http://www.rockxwatch.com/eng/

I notice that the model on eBay has a face that states 200m, but the actual RXW GMT is only 100m, hence my confidence that it is a fake.

Kevin

Apprentice

Spotting a fake RXW

The other tip off that the RXW's on ebay are fake is that they have small shoulder protection lugs around the crown, the real RXW's are intended as homages to early Rolexes, and don't have the crown shoulders.

Apprentice

RXW email address - they answer in English

ayapi@ktdb.co.jp

The 'regular' version of their MM is due in October, will be about $1,000. US. Send an email requesting information on the watch and you will get an application for reserving one in an email reply. The app has to be faxed to Japan.

GOOD LUCK

Master

Thanks for the intel Roloya...

I definitely want one of those MMs. They look incredible.