closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sporty strap for my Omega PO

Master

Sporty strap for my Omega PO

Hi all,

I am thinking about getting a sportier strap for my PO and so far have only come up with the OEM straps that you can buy the PO with.

I had only thought about getting an Omega strap because they are designed to go with that watch etc but if you look at the rubber strap with the clasp its a few hundred £ which seems like a lot!

So anyone else have any suggestions of a decent sportier strap that is in keeping with the 'classy' nature of the watch (so sporty not tacky!!)

Thanks!!

Master

Re: Sporty strap for my Omega PO

I put my black faced PO on a black leather strap with Blue stitching, and love the look.

Only cost £16 quid as well. Just waiting for a deployant clasp to turn up, but in the meantime have a look :) :)

Grand Master

For me the PO looks best on the bracelet or that wonderful Omega rubber strap .. not a fan of it on any leather strap, sorry (although the orange one is the exception).
    /vince ..

Master

Yea I agree it doesnt look as good as the rubber one but for 16.00 it looks pretty damn good to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by VinceR
    For me the PO looks best on the bracelet or that wonderful Omega rubber strap .. not a fan of it on any leather strap, sorry (although the orange one is the exception).

Master

Not so sure about the blue but the strap looks good and especially for 16.00!!

Are you getting the Omega deployment clasp? If so can I ask how much they are?

Also one last question I see a lot of people changing their straps a lot, is it an easy process to do and do you need some sort of special tool?

Thanks for taking the time to post those pics by the way! I am not sure if I prefer the non chrono PO tbh.......

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch
    I put my black faced PO on a black leather strap with Blue stitching, and love the look.

Only cost £16 quid as well. Just waiting for a deployant clasp to turn up, but in the meantime have a look :) :)

Master

The main reason for putting it on this strap is to "save" the Omega original and clasp.
    For £16 it looks ok, and the blue stitching is just a little different to the normal white :)

I may get a bracelet if I can find one for sensible money.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants

Also one last question I see a lot of people changing their straps a lot, is it an easy process to do and do you need some sort of special tool?

Thanks for taking the time to post those pics by the way! I am not sure if I prefer the non chrono PO tbh.......
    No just an ordinary butterfly unbranded clasp.

The watch came on the Omega Leather, with deployment, but its already showing signs of use, and its bloody expensive to replace, so my thinking was just put it on a cheap, albeit excellent quality, leather, and use an ordinary deployant clasp, thus saving the Omega branded one for best.

Changing straps is easy enough, you just need a spring bar tool and a steady hand, I recently removed the bracelet from my Speedmaster, and although a little tricky, its well within the grasp of an amateur, if you take your time.

Swaping leather straps over is a breeze though.

Master

Thanks!

No just an ordinary butterfly unbranded clasp.

The watch came on the Omega Leather, with deployment, but its already showing signs of use, and its bloody expensive to replace, so my thinking was just put it on a cheap, albeit excellent quality, leather, and use an ordinary deployant clasp, thus saving the Omega branded one for best.

Changing straps is easy enough, you just need a spring bar tool and a steady hand, I recently removed the bracelet from my Speedmaster, and although a little tricky, its well within the grasp of an amateur, if you take your time.

Swaping leather straps over is a breeze though.

Master

I had mine on a Strap Culture 'Vetier' for a while.

Master

That looks lovely, what kind of strap is that? Also do you have any other photos?

Quote Originally Posted by simonj
    I had mine on a Strap Culture 'Vetier' for a while.

Master

They're both from http://www.strapculture.com

It is the 45.5mm version though so they're 22mm straps and suit the size of the watch well. If it's the small PO, a chunky strap wouldn't work in my opinion - stick to the OEMs. Plus SC don't do 20mm straps anyway.

Master

Thanks for that, looks really nice!!

Journeyman

I never could get the bracelet off my seamaster, always ended up taking it to the jewellerys to get it done.

I must be missing a trick... :(

Master

I am a cack handed fool so I recon I will be in the same boat!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bendy
    I never could get the bracelet off my seamaster, always ended up taking it to the jewellerys to get it done.

I must be missing a trick... :(

Master

Can anyone tell me the best place to get a Omega rubber strap and deployment clasp from? Just want to see exactly how much I can get one for before deciding.

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me the best place to get a Omega rubber strap and deployment clasp from? Just want to see exactly how much I can get one for before deciding.

Thanks!
    Try Cousins

Master

They dont have what I am after in stock so anyone knwo anyone else?

Dont want to wait 4 weeks................

Quote Originally Posted by Jim75

Thanks!
    Try Cousins

Master

This place may be worth a try, its USA and I've never used them myself, but they appear to do just about everything watch related :)

http://www.ofrei.com/index.html

Master

I will check them out, thanks!!

This place may be worth a try, its USA and I've never used them myself, but they appear to do just about everything watch related :)

http://www.ofrei.com/index.html

Master

Be careful, I've spent bloody hours just looking at stuff :shock: :shock:

Master

:lol:

Be careful, I've spent bloody hours just looking at stuff :shock: :shock:

I've just fitted the PO 42 mm with the black non deployant rubber, and its the best I've ever tried.

Very thick and comfy, fits perfectly and makes it feel just right on the arm.

I've just seen it at Cousins at 115 GBP + VAT, shipping etc.

I guess this will end up at 135 GBP ??

I would find it very hard to spend that much money on a strap if I had not tried it, I think its worth it :)

http://www.cousinsuk.com/catalog/4/166/1944.aspx

Will look like this:

http://www.omega.ch/fileadmin/templates ... 095091.gif

Master

Doesnt it look a little cheap for such an expensive and classy watch? (dont mean any offense by the way just having not seen one in the flesh etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_the_Builder
    I've just fitted the PO 42 mm with the black non deployant rubber, and its the best I've ever tried.

I would find it very hard to spend that much money on a strap if I had not tried it, I think its worth it :)

Will look like this:

Looks better in real life.

But everyman has his taste. But if you are looking for sporty look it's this or the Nato I think:

Alternatively the white stitched rubber and deployant, but thats double the price I guess.

Doesnt it look a little cheap for such an expensive and classy watch? (dont mean any offense by the way just having not seen one in the flesh etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_the_Builder

Will look like this: