closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Things I hate

Master

Re: Things I hate

Ah yes this automatic systems drive me mad as well... I used to have a business-cellphone-contract
    - when I called a real person answered in two seconds. I downgraded that later annd suddenly
    it meant I always had to wait in line for 5-10 minutes.

These kind of "optimized consumer services" are really nerve wrecking.

Frank

I hate it when folks ask for advice on the forum and than can't be arsed to say thanks! :evil:
    F.T.F.A.

Metal coat hangers!

Any further south and i would have wet feet

Automated systems...on that subject...apart from the pain in the arse "press button 1..." etc........why do you have to enter all your details (account number/date of birth/pin etc etc) so that you 'get transferred to the correct dept' ,and then when you eventually are deigned worthy to be passed to a real human being to talk to (but only if you are really lucky) does the ingratiating sod then insist they have to take all that information again!!!!!

Which leads me into the second rant ....when ringing my bank to ask them to transfer money to another account ( ringing 'cause i wasn't anywhere near an internet access),and going thru' the above nause, i get told that "sorry sir,we can't do that over the phone"......its not as if i'm asking them to sew a limb back on or anything :evil: :evil:

Oh.....i also hate people who go on,and on,and on,and on 8)

Master

The flip side of the security nonesense is when your bank calls you, and insists that you provide sensitive personal information to identify yourself before they'll tell you what it is that they're after. I normally point out that only an idiot would give info like that over the phone to a complete stranger, and that they can feel free to write to me instead.

On the subject of banks, the way that my bank cancels my cash card almost every time I go abroad is a little tedious, particularly the time they cancelled it 2 days into a 3 week driving holiday in Sardinia and Corsica. I do (as per their suggestion) inform them when I'm going away, but it doesn't appear to make any difference, and I know for a fact that on at least one occasion, they haven't recorded it at all.

Master

I hate it when my bank balance is only 2 digits :cry:
    Thanks,
    Andrew

Kicking over tea :x

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha

Folk who dont indicate-kill em all!

Dont drive no more so feel for you guys who do.
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

God, I glanced at that first line and thought it said Tera Patrick! I need a cold shower now.

i hate my neighbour's behaviour. i think he's a selfish idiot who has no consideration for anyone apart from himself . but then ive spoken to him about it, and he thinks exactly the same about me :lol:
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Journeyman

A recent stay at a mate's place unfortunately managed to include two of my least favorite things -- a bad shower (lukewarm at best, and more of a trickle than a torrent), and thin, ineffectual towels that left me wondering whether I'd be better off trying to dry off with a gym sock.

Next time I reckon I'll pack my own towels and bring a fire hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcrowley
    Folk who dont indicate-kill em all!

Dont drive no more so feel for you guys who do.
    Or worse, those who indicate too early, especially at roundabouts when they indicate to pull off at the next exit, then drive on past and take the one after.

And motorists who turn up to work late and blame the traffic. If you use a car to get to work YOU are the traffic, why do these people think they are not part of the motoring masses.

Yes, I cycle to work, but before Griswold reminds me that cyclists are non tax paying, insurance dodging waste of good road space I'll add I do own a taxed and insured car but don't use it for work.

Oh and pot holes in the road. York council think that these are fixed by spray painting a white box around them. Here's an idea, show the man paints the holes how to fix them, give him a van, a spade, a ton of stone-chips and some tarmac and fill the damn things.

Chris

Tea bags. (especially PG)
    Cafes putting 2 or 3 tea bags in a tiny pot.
    Making tea in a mug with a tea bag meant for a pot.
    Leaf tea is best,drunk from bone china

Going to the supermarket to by a couple of items and being asked by the half-wit checkout girl if I'd like help with packing my bags...

"No, I'm quite capable of bagging up a box of cereal and carton of milk all on my own, thank you".

Journeyman

Those frozen chips you get in EVERY bloody pub these days that are never quite cooked through.
    People who stop and roundabout junctions when there is no other car on the road EXCEPT ME HITTING THEM FROM BEHIND!!
    Gordon Brown and Mr Darling.
    Dress codes.

Small portions in the cafe.....

Having to pay for dental treatment.... :twisted:

Journeyman

My son not being subbed at the correct time during tag rugby AND BITING MY TONGUE ABOUT IT SMILING!

Journeyman

One thing I don't quite know how I feel about are the contestants on the apprentice. I know it's a show but I cannot decide how the candidates view themselves or what context they compete in. One of my big downers is people who lack dignity, when I watch this programme I am allowed by Mrs Gabriel to vent my spleen - it's almost theraputic. I don't really know if I hate the programme and its contestants or pity them. Or, indeed if I am I as ignorant as they come.

Master
    Blog Entries

When people use the words "Yeah, no" together in response to a question, give a straight answer ffs moron :evil:

Journeyman

Feta cheese.

Nipples like big mac's

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by alexaff
    Nipples like big mac's

Are you talking about the size, taste or 'sauce'? Or is big mac a person?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    Nipples like big mac's

Size but i suppose none of the above would be appealing whilst sucking the teet :wink:

Journeyman

Nipples like big mac's

Size but i suppose none of the above would be appealing whilst sucking the teet :wink:

Awww lol. My wifes breast feeding put me off breasts for 5 years. Well, hers.

Nipples like big mac's

Awww lol. My wifes breast feeding put me off breasts for 5 years.
    Not me! BITTYYYYYY!!! :mrgreen:

Journeyman

Nipples like big mac's

Awww lol. My wifes breast feeding put me off breasts for 5 years.
    Not me! BITTYYYYYY!!! :mrgreen:

Ha ha ha!

Journeyman

I hate threads like this.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

i hate pointless posts by people trying to get to the big 50 :lol: because a watch is burning a hole in their pockets

cheers
    mike :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408
    i hate pointless posts by people trying to get to the big 50 :lol: because a watch is burning a hole in their pockets

cheers
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Journeyman

cheers

The very last thing you thought about (if at all) before posting that were my feelings. Typical. :cry:

Journeyman

cheers
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

And if that isn't pointless I don't know what is!!!! :albino:

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

cheers

The very last thing you thought about (if at all) before posting that were my feelings. Typical. :cry:
    congrats you got there :lol: :lol:

Journeyman

cheers

Thanks, I feel very tired now - but fair do's I have enjoyed it, which is the point. Some very nice people on here.

cheers

Thanks, I feel very tired now - but fair do's I have enjoyed it, which is the point. Some very nice people on here.

Journeyman

cheers

No problemo! :bounce:

Gaggles of mothers with their prams who take up the entire pavement and who give you the evil eye if you do anything other than stand out in the path of oncoming traffic to let them past.

In fact any behaviour where the 'darling child' is used in a blackmailing fashion for the parent to be complete and utter selfish turds i.e. 'You haven't had a child so you wouldn't know.'

That smarmy secret knowing nod between a group of mothers when they lecture you about the pains of childbirth because you laughed at them for finding something really pathetic painful.

The race for life advert telling me I'm invited when I'm not (why aren't men allowed?).

Secretaries who's life's mission is to undermine everyone and everything in a bid to appear in power, when all they do is cry about it anyway.

Religion and people's know-it-all opinions on it.

People who rant about someting that they are extremely guilty of, most usually at the time of ranting...

The smell of fake leather.

Driver's who have an inane belief that they score points for hitting me on my motorbike.

That sympathetic cooing between a group of girls that turns instantly into the hissing of snakes as soon as the girl at the centre of attention has departed.

The fact that we have two clocks on the wall in our office, one for GMT and one for Abu Dhabi time, just because we've opened an office there.

Burnt crisps.

The way that girls say 'Nothing,' when you ask them if there is something wrong when there blatantly is.

Having to read long posts.

People who interrupt you when you are trying to explain how to do something; 'Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, I know,' before proceeding to cause a complete systems failure for doing exactly what you told them not to do.

It goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by andyroo
    Gaggles of mothers with their prams who take up the entire pavement and who give you the evil eye if you do anything other than stand out in the path of oncoming traffic to let them past.

In fact any behaviour where the 'darling child' is used in a blackmailing fashion for the parent to be complete and utter selfish turds i.e. 'You haven't had a child so you wouldn't know.'

That smarmy secret knowing nod between a group of mothers when they lecture you about the pains of childbirth because you laughed at them for finding something really pathetic painful.

The race for life advert telling me I'm invited when I'm not (why aren't men allowed?).

Secretaries who's life's mission is to undermine everyone and everything in a bid to appear in power, when all they do is cry about it anyway.

Religion and people's know-it-all opinions on it.

People who rant about someting that they are extremely guilty of, most usually at the time of ranting...

The smell of fake leather.

Driver's who have an inane belief that they score points for hitting me on my motorbike.

That sympathetic cooing between a group of girls that turns instantly into the hissing of snakes as soon as the girl at the centre of attention has departed.

The fact that we have two clocks on the wall in our office, one for GMT and one for Abu Dhabi time, just because we've opened an office there.

Burnt crisps.

The way that girls say 'Nothing,' when you ask them if there is something wrong when there blatantly is.

Having to read long posts.

People who interrupt you when you are trying to explain how to do something; 'Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, I know,' before proceeding to cause a complete systems failure for doing exactly what you told them not to do.

It goes on...
    You may have some issues. :lol:

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne

You may have some issues. :lol:

Eddie
    This is a 13 page thread (and counting) about things we hate, I think there might be a few of us here with issues.... :lol: :lol:
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Maybe I should start a thread... 'My Issues'

That would be a long one :shock:

This morning I've discovered that I hate women. Not all of them, but pretty much 90%.
    At least 90% of the women I know (or have known).

The remaining 10% are probably men trapped in a female body.
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Quote Originally Posted by mr1973
    This morning I've discovered that I hate women. Not all of them, but pretty much 90%.
    At least 90% of the women I know (or have known).

The remaining 10% are probably men trapped in a female body.
    Very Freudian :lol: .

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Drivers who come into the supermarket car park and turn into your lane as you are leaving and expect you to reverse or disappear! What is their problem!!! :x

Quote Originally Posted by Gren
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    Cyclists who deliberately drive two or more abreast down winding country roads....
    If the bastards had to pay road tax and insurance I wonder how many of these prats would still be out there.
    Yup, ride a £2000+ bike and we can't afford a car :shock: , so don't pay Road Tax; get real ! Mon to Fri they are just the same as you. But a leisurely cycle down a country lane is one of the few "real world" pleasures remaining. Maybe you should ask yourself if you shouldn't have enough time in your life to enjoy such simple pleasures. Will thousands die if your journey is delayed by a couple of minutes ??

Most people in this world are reasonable; when that appears to be untrue it's often just a question of your perspective.
    If you check my post it was dated Thursday, so the 'yesterday' mentioned in it must have been a Wednesday :roll:

The again, I'm sure the way these prats were cycling they wouldn't have a clue what day of the week it was. Ironically, around here we have miles and miles of cycle track specifically for, would you believe, CYCLISTS. So why don't these idiots use them? One can only presume that they rather enjoy inconveniencing 'normal' road users.

And as for cyclists having time to enjoy such a simple pleasure, you should take a walk down the towpath of the Leeds - Liverpool canal around these parts. Obnoxious prats on mountain bikes cycling at ridiculously high speeds heads down completely oblivious to the walkers and anglers peacfully taking time to enjoy their simple pleasures. Several people have indeed been run into by these uninsured pillocks. :twisted:

I repeat, If the bastards had to pay road tax and insurance I wonder how many of these prats would still be out there.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Cyclists who deliberately drive two or more abreast down winding country roads....
    If the bastards had to pay road tax and insurance I wonder how many of these prats would still be out there.
    Yup, ride a £2000+ bike and we can't afford a car :shock: , so don't pay Road Tax; get real ! Mon to Fri they are just the same as you. But a leisurely cycle down a country lane is one of the few "real world" pleasures remaining. Maybe you should ask yourself if you shouldn't have enough time in your life to enjoy such simple pleasures. Will thousands die if your journey is delayed by a couple of minutes ??

Most people in this world are reasonable; when that appears to be untrue it's often just a question of your perspective.
    I think it was the two-abreast issue that pressed his buttons to be fair, and I agree. Anyone in any vehicle or on foot who takes up all the space should be flogged.

cheers
    A pure coincidence, Shirley?

Back on topic: wimmin (it's always wimmin) who drive horseboxes very, very slowly through the lanes around here and NEVER think of pulling in and allowing the interminable queue behind them to pass.

Also, they are incapable of reversing; so when you meet one in a narrow lane it's always you - and the cars behind you - who have to reverse long distances, despite the fact a suitable passing point was only a few feet behind them.

Aaaaaaagh. :evil:

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master

I think it was the two-abreast issue that pressed his buttons to be fair, and I agree. Anyone in any vehicle or on foot who takes up all the space should be flogged.
    Actually cycling 2 abreast is allowed in the Highway Code , where conditions permit or something similar ..
    When I am out on a club run we are in tightgroups of 12 -15 riding 2 abreast wherever possible. This is far better than the same number of bikes spread out in a single line and actually makes it easier for cars to overtake..
    Cycle lanes - I use them when I can but, for the most part, I am going too fast to use them if they are shared with pedestrians - ie just a painted line dividing the two areas - I am guessing the tow paths are shared use ? Also they tend to have a lot of debris and broken glass, not what you want on a pushbike...I agree that the cyclists should be more considerate, a bit of manners costs nothing and could just be slowing down for a bit to navigate round people..
    As for the old tax & insurance bit :roll: I pay Vehicle Excise on my car which mostly sits at home , therefore there is one more less cars on the road in front of you .. I do have 3rd party liability insurance with the CTC - I would say most keen club cyclists or tourers do have this ...
    If everyone calmed down a bit on the road, and counted to ten before getting so irate , we would be a lot better for it.. Where are you rushing to, the next set of lights ? :wink:
    cheers,
    bry

I hate this green marketing, useless low energy bulbs and particularly, our new(ish) washing machine.

We spend almost £800 on a top of the range Miele which was supposed to wash at lower temperatures and use less water. I suppose it does if you want your towels coming out like sandpaper. Last night, after removing the top 25 microns of my skin on a freshly laundered towel, I got the instruction manual out and sure enough, "washing hard to the touch" was there in the trouble-shooting section.

This machine has some additional "user programmable options" for increasing the volume of water used and number of rinse cycles. I phoned customer services this morning and they confirmed that the volume of water used in the "green" wash wasn't always sufficient for heavy items like towels and if I used more water and added an extra rinse cycle, they were sure the problem would disappear.

If the "green" cycle doesn't do the job properly and they recommend that you programme it so it works just like the 20 year old machine that the Miele replaced, how can it be a "green machine"?

/rant

Eddie

Eddie, if you tumble dry your towels, they will be lovely and soft. :-)

Master

A little like the new low-capacity toilet cisterns that don't always have enough water to flush, er, particularly unpleasant jobs. Flushed twice, they us more water than the old ones did in any case.

I'm assured by a housebuilder mate that they have numerous comments about this, so presumably it's not just me.

Quote Originally Posted by bry nylon

Actually cycling 2 abreast is allowed in the Highway Code , where conditions permit or something similar ..
    When I am out on a club run we are in tightgroups of 12 -15 riding 2 abreast wherever possible. This is far better than the same number of bikes spread out in a single line and actually makes it easier for cars to overtake..
    Cycle lanes - I use them when I can but, for the most part, I am going too fast to use them if they are shared with pedestrians - ie just a painted line dividing the two areas - I am guessing the tow paths are shared use ? Also they tend to have a lot of debris and broken glass, not what you want on a pushbike...I agree that the cyclists should be more considerate, a bit of manners costs nothing and could just be slowing down for a bit to navigate round people..
    As for the old tax & insurance bit :roll: I pay Vehicle Excise on my car which mostly sits at home , therefore there is one more less cars on the road in front of you .. I do have 3rd party liability insurance with the CTC - I would say most keen club cyclists or tourers do have this ...
    If everyone calmed down a bit on the road, and counted to ten before getting so irate , we would be a lot better for it.. Where are you rushing to, the next set of lights ? :wink:
    cheers,
    bry
    Interesting and valuable comments Bry, thanks.

In answer to some of your valid points. Yes, with multiple riders on straightish roads it does indeed make it easier for cars to overtake. Not so on winding country roads though, which is where the two I was refering to were. It would have been so easy for one of them to pull in front or drop behind the other, but they seemed to be actually enjoying sauntering along with a queue of traffic behind them and actually laughing and waving at each car as it finally passed them.

Many of the cycle lanes here run alongside dual cariageways, separated by quite a wide grass verge and see very few, if any, pedestrians; yet a large number of cyclists prefer to use the dual cariageway instead, causing havoc due to the differing speeds between them and the motorists in the inside lane and those overtaking in the outer.

The towpaths are, as you rightly say, shared use; though anglers have to pay a fee to use them and also have to be in posession of a valid national fishing licence, cyclists apparently need nothing but their bikes.

Where I dissagre with you mostly though is on the tax and insurance issue. We have two cars which are rarely, if ever, on the road at the same time. So, following your argument, we should only need one insurance and one road tax? Similarly, those with a car and a motorbike shouldn't need to tax or insure their bikes? But of course, that simply isn't the case and, IMO, it shouldn't be for bikes either. Though I am glad to hear that you do have insurance, something that most do not.

Rushing? Me? In a Landy? You don't rush in a Landy :wink: :lol: Oh, and there aren't any traffic lights on the country roads around here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.