closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Great Restaurants in Wales (for the hols)

Journeyman

Great Restaurants in Wales (for the hols)

PA's Wine Bar, Newton Hill, Mumbles. Family run, local produce, absolutely outstanding. Go there once a term - last Friday as an example bottle of wine with seafood platter (start with wild salmon, king prawns, cod, scallops and homemade tartare sauce), Welsh Black Beef fillet in port and caramelised onion sauce with chocolate torte to finish. Thats just me the wife went from the local fish menu eg wild sea bass.... £58 quid. Book early. If you are coming to Swansea - this is one of the best value for money and quality wise.

Journeyman

Re: Great Restaurants in Wales (for the hols)

Fairy Hill, Reynoldston - this is a superb restaurant. White cloth tables and quite formal in the evening. I believe it's where Paul Newmans daughter got married/had reception (as she married a Gower lad). Here it is very plush and around £100 + for a 3 course meal for 2 with wine. Lunch on a sunny day is excellent in the garden, and a bit more reasonable. If white cloth tables is not your cup of tea - go to PA's, Mumbles.

Master

I was born in north Wales and used to go back there occasionally until a couple of years ago - we frequently had some astonishingly bad food, and saw even worse that we didn't risk. Ridiculous given that you can get some of the best meat and fish in the country there.

Anyway, enough negativity. If you're up at the other end of Wales, the Ship Inn at Red Wharf Bay on Anglesey is well worth stopping at - good food made from local ingredients on the whole, good beer, fantastic views out to the sea and to Snowdon and a couple of cheap B&Bs next door. Good bit of walking nearby (or driving) and a huge amount of history.

http://www.shipinnredwharfbay.co.uk/

Can you recommend anywhere good in South Wales that's a bit more remote than Swansea - good hills or good coast, somewhere where you can eat?

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger
    I was born in Wales and used to go back there occasionally until a couple of years ago - we frequently had some astonishingly bad food, and saw even worse that we didn't risk. Ridiculous given that you can get some of the best meat and fish in the country there.

Anyway, enough negativity. If you're up at the other end of Wales, the Ship Inn at Red Wharf Bay on Anglesey is well worth stopping at - good food made from local ingredients on the whole, good beer, fantastic views out to the sea and to Snowdon and a couple of cheap B&Bs next door. Good bit of walking nearby (or driving) and a huge amount of history.

http://www.shipinnredwharfbay.co.uk/

Can you recommend anywhere good in South Wales that's a bit more remote than Swansea - good hills or good coast, somewhere where you can eat?

Fishermans Rest - pub on the beach in Dinas Head - fresh lobster. Near Fishguard. HAd my 40th there.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    Fishermans Rest - pub on the beach in Dinas Head - fresh lobster. Near Fishguard. HAd my 40th there.
    :shock: :shock:

You keep count of how many lobsters you've had 8)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catflem
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    :shock: :shock:

You keep count of how many lobsters you've had 8)
    :lol: :lol: :lol: