closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Saw my first SB III yesterday.......

Master

Saw my first SB III yesterday.......

:shock: GOBSMACKED :shock: UNBELIEVABLE :shock:
    After much consideration, this is the best way I can find to describe it.

The quality is absolutely superb, befitting that of a watch costing several times more.
    The bracelet alone is well worth the asking price, and the extras.....Banda 2 watch case,
    NATO strap and a spring bar tool........fantastic.

Eddie.... was that OK ? that was what you asked me to say...wasn't it

'No, seriously thought folks'....a superb, quality watch at a 'make-believe' price.

I'm leaning more towards vintage at the moment or I would definitely get myself one.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57878&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=sb+ iii
    viewtopic.php?f=17&t=59171

Dave

Re: Saw my first SB III yesterday.......

As far as value for money goes, the PRS-22 in unbeatable. The finish is first class and the bracelet ... well, you are not going to find better (either in design or execution) for the price of whole package.

And, it has one of the best backs, ever. (I took this pic during the pass-around.)

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Banned

Good to hear seeing as "LE" #13 comes today! 8)

We know. Why do you think Eddie sold 70 of them in two minutes? :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by draz
    We know. Why do you think Eddie sold 70 of them in two minutes? :wink:
    Did it really take that long?
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

The SBIII has surprised a few people when they got to handle one... amazing watch for the money and one reason why #4 will remain in my collection for a very long time*

* of course that can change at any time as we all know ;)

Blog Entries

Sorry but being a newbie., what is a SB111 ?? some pics please, might make me spend some more mullah....

The PRS-22 SpeedBird III - http://www.mdracing.co.uk/precista_prs22.asp

Available (when the store opens again) from Eddie: http://www.timefactors.com/new1.htm

Blog Entries

Many thanks Jon, how do they fare in price & 'wearability' versus SINN and Stowa's ???
    Peter

They are cheaper than any Sinn or Stowa and just as well made if not a little better compared to some models. When you handle one you really do wonder how it was done for so little and then question just how much some of these "bigger" brands bloat their prices just because they can.

Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren
    Many thanks Jon, how do they fare in price & 'wearability' versus SINN and Stowa's ???
    Peter
    There's nothing in the same price bracket that comes anywhere near it in quality, IMO this watch should cost at least twice as much, if not more :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    They are cheaper than any Sinn or Stowa and just as well made if not a little better compared to some models. When you handle one you really do wonder how it was done for so little and then question just how much some of these "bigger" brands bloat their prices just because they can.
    Couldn't agree more on that - it's all about 'shrewd marketing' - those advertising execs have much to answer.... :twisted: !!!

it is a very clean dialed watch love the stlye

I like it but not on me... funny thing that's why i recently went to TRY before u BUY system when purchasing new pieces...

S

I will probably get slated for this...

I think they are well worth the money and are great quality, but...

They are not in the realms of Stowa etc. I have just sold my speedbird III, which I loved but could not bring myself to wear as it was mint condition. Just thought I would add my perspective on things. I still love Eddie's watches, they are great value for money, but I dont kid myself when comparing to other brands.

Boy oh boy this is very tempting. I still think it would look better on a black leather strap, though. Maybe one of Ediie's "aviator" straps. If (when) I make up my mind to place an order for it, I'll be sure to get one of those as well. :D

Banned

My take on the comparison between the SB3 and the Stowa is that the case is certainly up there with the Stowa but you can't compare a watch with the lowest spec 2824 movement and a watch with a movement with the next step up in grade and blued screws. That's the reason I got the LE over the standard Speedbird.

I may have been a little hasty with my compents, the case is of very good quality and close to that of the Stowa, however I dont share the general trend with regards to the bracelet, ahvingsaid that i dont think the rolex bacelets are up to much.

I have a mesh bracelet from stowa and it is superb quality, as is the seatime bracelet.

I think both Timefactors and Stowa watches are great value for money. I have a Stowa Antea KS and the PRS-III LE. Hard to say which watch is higher quality than the other, but I like them both for very different reasons and I wouldn't want to part with either. I think the PRS-III is probably a lot more watch for the money -- certainly higher specification -- but ultimately, value for money is a subjective judgement. Some consider Rolex value for money. Others think it's madness.

Master

They do look the dogs watsits but I couldn't live with the stubby hour hand; sorry folks :cry:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by emgee
    They do look the dogs watsits but I couldn't live with the stubby hour hand; sorry folks :cry:
    I thought that too but after looking through the background behind the design it wouldn't be right with anything else and actually works for me "in the metal".

Master

Quote Originally Posted by emgee
    After handling the watch for quite a while, I can honestly say the hands did not 'shout-out' at me as being odd.
    IMHO they are perfectly in keepng with the overall look of the thing.

Dave

Master

I'm sure the hands suit the watch and I get the associated history; but for me, I just don't like chopped hands. (waiting for the Abu Hamza jokes).

Grand Master

Couldn't agree more on that - it's all about 'shrewd marketing' - those advertising execs have much to answer.... :twisted: !!!
    Normally I'd be in certain agreement, but neither Sinn nor Stowa advertises or distributes so I'm not sure what their excuse is for the prices they charge now...
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Im pretty sure Stowa and Sinns indirect costs are far higher than Eddie's, plus having had the SBIII and Stowa side by side, for me there is no contest over where the quality lies, hence why I moved on the SBIII and am awaiting delvery on my third Stowa.

I would just like to make the point that I think the SB III is very good value for money, but at the same time so is the Stowa, which is worth every penny, (particularly if you compare it to getting ripped off by the likes of breitling).

Rich

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andrew
    Normally I'd be in certain agreement, but neither Sinn nor Stowa advertises or distributes so I'm not sure what their excuse is for the prices they charge now...
    Sinn prices are extortionate but given that Stowa make each watch to order and provide a movement that is a grade above the grade used in the SBIII, I feel that the Stowa brand still provides value for money. Especially since they're not increasing prices for this year.

the Airman is worth the price and watches like the MO or KS are serious value for money.

Yeah fair comment on the Sinn, although I have only ever seen one briefly in person so can't comment to much on the quality.

Rich

(Des, I have finally left you feedback in H&V, sorry it took so long!)

Master

TA DA!

Came today :lol:
    Positives;
    Great lume,
    Wears bigger than the stated 39mm,
    amazing bracelet,
    It has GREAT BRITAIN on the face :wink:
    Just amazing quality.
    Negatives;
    :roll: Nothing really, except quite fidely taking the links out! My eyes are not what they were and I dont have the most delicate fingers for precision work!
    My advise is, Get one :D
    I have recently got myself a Traser classic auto, around the same money, and equally well made.
    The best thing with the SBIII is, your not really going to see many of them about.
    10 out of 10

Master

Looks fantastic Dave. What's the going price on one of these?

I've learnt that I'd get just as much enjoyment wearing and owning a quality watch like this as opposed to an overpriced major brand.

nice

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Skool
    Looks fantastic Dave. What's the going price on one of these?
    http://www.timefactors.com/speedbird.htm

Dave