closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I blame you No Date Submariner guys

I blame you No Date Submariner guys

Well, what can I say, I was persuaded by the power of mass hypnotism. Many of you chose the Omega Seamaster when I asked what what I should give my son for his 21st. It was a toss up between a Breitling Superocean and an Omega Seamaster. The Seamaster got the vote.

I was happy with the decision.....BUT THEN... I made the mistake of looking at the No Date Submariner thread and thinking, now that's a pretty darn nice watch. Next mistake was finding a bloody good deal on a used one from a trusted seller. Money went today and watch should be here Friday.

Seller's pic.

Thanks guys. I think I made the right decision. It's a fantastic looking watch. Beautiful dial symetry and subtle enough that it should allow him to wear it without being a mugging magnet. Of course at 21 years old the chances of him losing it, trashing it, selling it to refill his beer fund etc are pretty high, but at least I gave him a watch that he potentially could have the rest of his life.

Pete

Re: I blame you No Date Submariner guys

Nice present for your son there.

Seamaster was ideal, the Sub is just perfect :thumbup:

If you'd adopt a 58 year old I'm available :)

You can't go wrong with either of those two. Well done.

Master

The Sub is so much more iconic, no Doxa?

Well done Pete.

Master

Good choice.

Also giving one to my Dad for his birthday this year.

Master

sorry , and good choice.

Master

What a fantastic gift for a 21st, I hope knows how lucky he is to have a dad like you

Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    Seamaster was ideal, the Sub is just perfect :thumbup:
    Agree with that. The Sub ND is possibly the best choice for a 21yo chap, ticks all the boxes. Good watch, and probably more important, it gets recognized ;-)
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Blog Entries

Can't go wrong there, beautifull present.

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Grand Master

Both watches are excellent choices, although I have to question the logic of giving an expensive watch to a 21 year old. I don't believe in giving expensive items to kids; I`ve had to work for everything I`ve ever bought and I believe it has given me a sense of value that I otherwise wouldn`t have developed. Whilst I might have envied the kids who had expensive stuff showered on them when I was young, looking back I wouldn`t have it any other way.

Paul

Banned

how funny would it be if he traded it in for a PS3

Master

Superb gift, I'm sure he will be chuffed to bits with that.......lucky lad :)

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958
    Both watches are excellent choices, although I have to question the logic of giving an expensive watch to a 21 year old. I don't believe in giving expensive items to kids; I`ve had to work for everything I`ve ever bought and I believe it has given me a sense of value that I otherwise wouldn`t have developed. Whilst I might have envied the kids who had expensive stuff showered on them when I was young, looking back I wouldn`t have it any other way.

Paul
    At 21 he's not a kid though and I'd assume he is a 'mature' lad, otherwise the OP would no doubt have rejected the idea. I think the choice was the better option, it is capable of lasting him a lifetime - and what a legacy it would be from his father.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy

Paul
    At 21 he's not a kid though and I'd assume he is a 'mature' lad, otherwise the OP would no doubt have rejected the idea. I think the choice was the better option, it is capable of lasting him a lifetime - and what a legacy it would be from his father.

R
    +1 very well said :)

Great present! At the age of 21 I was given £1k and I deliberated between buying a watch, and putting it towards a motorbike. I chose the bike. The bike is long gone and would be pretty much worthless now. I always, always wish I'd chosen the watch. I recently bought one for my 30th in an attempt to rectify my previous mistake.

When is your lad's birthday? Is it a suprise? Let us know how he reacts to it if so! And as already posted by other people.....he is a lucky fella!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy

Paul

R
    +1 very well said :)
    I got a watch for my 21st. My Tag Classic Diver, it wasn't the value of the Rolex but was a huge amount of money for my parents to part with.

I hadn't asked for one but was delighted when I got it. And what makes it more special is that they choose it.

9 years on I still wear it every day, and to me it still looks great. The fact that I didn't buy it makes me take better care of it. I wouldn't want to tell my mum I'd lost it on holiday or something like that.

If i'd have bought it myself I may have parted with it long ago - as it was a gift it'll be with me forever.

Great choice by the way! I'm sure your son will cherish it.

Chris

Blog Entries

Brilliant choice and hope he's a mature lad who will cherish it for life - and he hasn't got the 'easy come easy go' attitude !!

Lucky boy !!!

Cheers, Peter

What a great pressie, lucky lad :)

Craftsman

I was happy with the decision.....BUT THEN... I made the mistake of looking at the No Date Submariner thread and thinking, now that's a pretty darn nice watch. Next mistake was finding a bloody good deal on a used one from a trusted seller. Money went today and watch should be here Friday.

I think I saw that for sale somewhere as well :) - if it's the same seller then you're in good hands. He has an excellent reputation. Congrats.

Master

great choice you made as its an iconic watch hope your son wears it and enjoys it

What a lovely piece to give for his 21st... he'll be well chuffed 8)

my boys getting the sub with date, ........eventually.........

Thanks guys. Yea I think he is mature enough and he's been around me and my watch madness long enough to know what's what. Hell, I was married to his mother at 21. What does that say about my maturity at that age :lol:

Obviously not a great time to be spending a fair wad of cash on a watch, but 21 is a milestone birthday and I think he will look back at it when I'm worm food and remember his halfwit dad. :shock:

Pete

Great choice, I´m looking for a Sub ND for my son too. He´s 18. Well, really, he´s eighteen months old, which leaves me with a lot of years left to enjoy the watch :lol: . His sister already lent me a GMT II, so I can´t make differences...

Superb choice Pete... and Ive sent you my adoption papers ;) :)