closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch shops in Barcelona?

Watch shops in Barcelona?

Hi all, sorry been a bit infrequent on here recently....been leaving work and now on hols.

We are 50 miles north of Barca.

Anyone know of any decent watcheries worth visiting in the area....like the vintage rolexs more than new stuff so place that do 2nd hand would be of interest?!

Hope you are all enjoying the hot weather there,,,it wont last cold and rainy by end of week I bet! :wink: :wink: :P :P

While I'm at it if anyone has any tips on what to do on a day trip to Barca be interested in that too...even if NOT watch related....blasphemer!!!

Hope you're all well...

Master

Re: Watch shops in Barcelona?

Hi Jason,

I asked the same question only yesterday but no answers so I'd take it as "no".

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78424

I'll let you know if I hear anything and perhaps you could do likewise.

Cheers - Simon

Spooky, Simon!

I'll let you know if I find any....

can't help on the watch shop front, but you should definitely check out La Sagrada Familia, the cathedral. An amazing piece of architecture that Gaudi never got to complete. Although it is gradually being finished from old drawings (most were burnt in the civil war) and other architects taking Gaudi's inspiration. Definitely climb up the shell like staircase to the top and across the walkway to look at the sculpture doves atop the spires. It is awe inspriring.

Parque Guell is also a must see for me, in fact anything by Gaudi! The market on Diagonal is also something else, a real bustle and the colours you will see are stunning.

Hope you enjoy it, it's a fantastic place.

Craftsman
    the country where every village is a nation

The only one I know is this (yeah, I know that the name may sound funny in english :D ) :

http://www.pita.es/

I think he´s the only spanish watch maker in the AHCI. He has some interesting desings. Worth a visit 8) :)

Blog Entries

Try definitely include 'La Boqueria' (fantastic food hall with bars further inside) 0 it is a real experience (left hand side of La Rambla (which in itself is buzzing) with your back to the seafront - it's in there / sidestreets the locals eat & drink - much much better quality and VFM !
    (Try 'Rincon de Aragon' almost next door in sidestreet - their 'cochinillo' - house speciality (suckling pig - melts in mouth type meat !)

We drive in, park underground (impressive system green lights / red lights above each parking space to tell you which ones are vacant (we still have lots to learn in UK) right next to Placa Catalunya ( major square at north end of Rambla) and in the sidestreets by the lovely old cathedral (Not Sagrada !) and Dali museum you will find some old fashioned watch shops 'Joiera & Relojes' ( there were at last some years ago !) - If can remember more specifics will be back !
    The wives/girlfriends will love Passeig de Gracia off the square SUPERB shopping, and tapas bars en masse !
    (DON'T drink/eat on La Rambla - it's a RIPOFF - they will suggest 'seleccion de tapes' and charge you through the nose !)

HAVE FUN !!
    Peter

The weather (at least St Feliu Guixols abt 100 miles north on coast) is 25-27C - lovely ! and forecasts are good ! )

Thanks Peter...we are at Playa D'Aro at the minute....right next to St Feliu!!

Feel free to PM me the roads to take to best places to park!!

Thanks all...

Journeyman

Diamonds Stars SA
    Alice Ramon Joiers
    Calle Bori i Fontesta N 14
    08021 Barcelona
    Spain

Tel:: 0034/932013522
    Fax:0034/932014698
    alice.r@ramon.es
    http://www.aliceramon.com

Fancy picking me up a Damasko DA36? Of course I would have to pay you a little extra on top for the "effort" :wink:

I was in Barca a couple of months ago to celebrate my mates 40th. I had my i Phone pickpocketed :twisted: that was within a couple of hours of checking into our hotel.

It is a lovely City but do keep an eye on your valuables. The guy that had me stopped me by thrusting some promo leaflets under my nose for a bar....never felt a thing.

Have a great time, but take care all the same.