closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CAF Project - Help Needed

Craftsman

CAF Project - Help Needed

I purchased a Longines Czech Air Force Aviator recently from a forum member in MWR. However this piece came with a number of non-original parts...

I am hoping to restore the watch and would like to source NOS parts or even get some of these parts made up and would like some assistance and guidance from you guys...

Basically the watch came with a non-original crystal, crown and hands, it also had a de-lumed dial...

I am hoping to source a new dial, crystal, crown and hands overseas and have a competent watch marker in my location (Singapore) assemble them for me...

Any suggestions?

Re: CAF Project - Help Needed

Hi there, i think you are going to struggle with getting a nos dial, crown also. This is an old watch. good luck.

Craftsman

The other way is to have one made my Jurgen of Germany in the MWR forum. I spole to them and was told that it can be done but it involves sending my watch to Germany... I am quite reluctant to do so as it would mean having to pay hefty taxes on the watch's return to Singapore again...

I think there should be enough information out there that I can supply as specifications to jurgen so that he can make the dial and crown/hands and send them to me for my watch maker to assemble? Any experts here can help?

I intend to keep the originals in a suitable holder to prevent them from further damage...

Hi there, my own personal view is that you should leave the dial as, so the it has been de-lumed, no big thing. Get it lumed again if you are that concerned. The hands are easier to source. i actually think that the 53 longines greenlander and the czech longines share the same hands. anyhow sourcing the cathedral hands shouldn't be too hard. The glass I'd leave if OK, as well as the crown, as long it is proportional to the watch.

then i'd sell it and wait for a better example.

:D

Craftsman

Hmmmn... thanks for the heads up... any particular place I should look to getting the replacement hands?

I dont think I can sell it, I am based in Singapore and the guys here are generally into shiny stuff rather than a nicely aged vintage...