closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Paypal - payment as a gift - how to do?

Paypal - payment as a gift - how to do?

I have noticed that quite a few are asking for PP payment as a gift only.

Could almighty the forum please enlighten me. What to do and the effect of the "gift" transfer.

I have tried the PP homepage for information - but no success

Re: Paypal - payment as a gift - how to do?

You may not be able to do it from your European account, but in the UK we on the first payment page where you enter the email address and amount there is a box below that to say what the payment is for. It defaults to "Goods" but if you click the Personal tab in there you can send it as a "Gift" which does sometimes charge fees depending on where the funds come from (i.e. paypal balance or bank etc.) and the "Personal Payment Owed" which doesn't charge any fees to either party. Only things to be aware of is there is NO protection offered from PayPal if the person you send the money to doesn't fulfil their obligation in any deal.

Craftsman

Jon is right!

In Germany, Paypal does not offer this possibility; I'd guess it is the same in Denmark?

all the best

Jan

Banned

well explained,
    i often have a zero PP balance, as my account is set up to come out of my bank account direct i never have fees as a gift

Oh, it sounds as if people are fraudulently avoiding paypal fees - kind of ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by sijoc
    Oh, it sounds as if people are fraudulently avoiding paypal fees - kind of ironic.
    How so? Do you not think that PayPal are taking the p!ss in how much they CHARGE in fees?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    How so? Do you not think that PayPal are taking the p!ss in how much they CHARGE in fees?
    Totally. Ebay and Paypal are a perfect example of a total monopoly abusing its market position. Rubbish service, disgracefully high charges at ever step now.

I have long been saying the time is very ripe for a serious global competitor - maybe something Virgin should look into...?
    So clever my foot fell off.

Thanks for the explanation, I will try if it works on my Danish account!

Journeyman

Their fees are extorionate, i tried to send a payment as gift yesterday but it still charged me fees of £44 a real joke IMO

Master

Quote Originally Posted by simmo

Their fees are extorionate, i tried to send a payment as gift yesterday but it still charged me fees of £44 a real joke IMO
    Free "Gift" & "Money Owed" payments only work in UK with cleared funds or when linked to a bank account - fees are payable when using credit or debit cards :)

Any further south and i would have wet feet

Boll@x to them...they have their own gravy train running and if the odd person can avoid some fees using their own system then fair play to them. There's nothing fraudulant about it.