closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Citizen Ecozilla With Pictures

Citizen Ecozilla With Pictures

This arrived this morning from eBay to replace my Casio Frogman. It's huge and weighs over 6 ounces! The Ti version would weigh a lot less but I prefer the look of the stainless steel. From the serial number it's over three years old and I'm at least the 3rd owner, but it's still in very good condition. I love the bulk of it, the caseback and the blue lume. I'm not so sure about the date window which is tiny, and the double buckle and metal keeper. Also being a right hander and having the crown at nine will take some getting used to, as will the bezel, but for £120 delivered I'm more than happy - and I won't be putting it on a Toshi!

Journeyman

Re: Citizen Ecozilla With Pictures

Kewl :thumbleft: :thumbleft:
    I'm still drawn to these watches and guess I'll get one someday, Autozilla maybe.
    How does it sit on the wrist?

I have one too and I´m not sure if I like it or hate it :roll: Well I probably like it because I have had it now for a few years :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Number6
    Kewl :thumbleft: :thumbleft:
    I'm still drawn to these watches and guess I'll get one someday, Autozilla maybe.
    How does it sit on the wrist?
    I've got quite large wrists and it's still huge and very heavy. Probably about the same width as a Frogman but it's around 20mm thick and it comes on a 24mm strap which makes it sit quite high. You are always aware that it's there - even though it's totally silent!
    It's a watch that's designed for it's purpose - to dive, so it's not really an every day wearer, and I think it's one of those love/hate watches. At the moment I'm loving it because of the novelty.
    If you're considering one out of curiosity I would go for the Ecozilla rather than the Autozilla, as there is around a £400 difference between the two.

Very tidy... always been tempted to try one of these but think it will be just toooooo big for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    Very tidy... always been tempted to try one of these but think it will be just toooooo big for me!
    I'd give it a try. I only paid around £100 for it, and there's always a curiosity market for them if you don't like it.

One thing I've noticed with these watches is the posistion of the lettering on the bezel ring, which is slightly pot-luck. Mine's upside-down so probably about the worst position available. I assume this can't be remedied without fitting another ring?

Great watch, enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by markosgr28
    Great watch, enjoy!
    I am. I'm enjoying developing my right bicep too!

Craftsman

:idea: I bought mine specifically for swimming:
    1) Excellent water resistance, not just the 300m, but also the actual conformance to the diving standards.
    2) Hopefully never needs to be opened for repair/battery replacement = no water ingress.
    3) Very sturdy.
    4) Ti has excellent corrosion resistance against clorine (where I do most of my swimming).

Detail on the back is very smart, I like that :D

Congrats!

It's quite a fun watch, though I can totally understand the love/hate thing.

My thoughts are summarized best here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34788

Quote Originally Posted by Dean in Canuckistan
    Congrats!

It's quite a fun watch, though I can totally understand the love/hate thing.

My thoughts are summarized best here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34788
    That's a great review. coincidentaly I have the other two watches shown too.

Your post has convinced me to dig out the Ecozilla and actually wear it to work today. Casual day, so it's not too out of place...

It's taking a while to charge up though - still running slow with the seconds hand showing low charge after a couple hours now.

Your post has convinced me to dig out the Ecozilla and actually wear it to work today. Casual day, so it's not too out of place...

It's taking a while to charge up though - still running slow with the seconds hand showing low charge after a couple hours now.
    I've worn nothing else since it arrived. Everything else seems so small!

Love the ecozilla's but a little worried they are a little to large for me.

They are indeed massive. It's the height more than anything that makes it wear big. The diameter is not at all imposing on the wrist.

A fun watch though.

Also, it would seem a couple of hours on a window ledge in the sun have sorted the low battery. :D

They are indeed massive. It's the height more than anything that makes it wear big. The diameter is not at all imposing on the wrist.

A fun watch though.

I have a steinhart triton and ocean7 lm-3 do you think the ecozilla would wear bigger than those ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic Man
    I have a steinhart triton and ocean7 lm-3 do you think the ecozilla would wear bigger than those ?
    I have no experience with either of those, so really couldn't say. Sorry.

The case is 48mm across (51mm case including crown). The big issue is the 18mm height of the thing.

EcoZilla vs SKX007:

[quote=Bionic Man]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dean in Canuckistan":1cw2yqdp

A fun watch though.

I have a steinhart triton and ocean7 lm-3 do you think the ecozilla would wear bigger than those ?[/quote:1cw2yqdp]
    I believe the Ocean 7 is heavier (on a bracelet) but the Ecozilla is wider and thicker. I think you also have to take into account that most of the watches that are heavier than it are on bracelets too, so the weight is more evenly balanced, rather than having almost the entire weight of the watch in the head.

[quote=Dean in Canuckistan]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Bionic Man":j297pvnz

The case is 48mm across (51mm case including crown). The big issue is the 18mm height of the thing.

EcoZilla vs SKX007:
    [/quote:j297pvnz]

The damn things an animal !!!!

[quote=Bionic Man][quote="Dean in Canuckistan":354mxbrn]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Bionic Man":354mxbrn

EcoZilla vs SKX007:
    [/quote:354mxbrn]

The damn things an animal !!!![/quote:354mxbrn]
    It is, but I would say if you're curious then go for it, as they're not that expensive and are easy to move on.

[quote=bonzo697][quote=Bionic Man]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dean in Canuckistan":2rtqbn4l
    Quote Originally Posted by "Bionic Man":2rtqbn4l

EcoZilla vs SKX007:

The damn things an animal !!!![/quote:2rtqbn4l]
    It is, but I would say if you're curious then go for it, as they're not that expensive and are easy to move on.[/quote:2rtqbn4l]

Yep your right im sick of looking at these , i will hunt one down.

[quote=Bionic Man][quote=bonzo697][quote="Bionic Man":vl4uwc78]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dean in Canuckistan":vl4uwc78
    Quote Originally Posted by "Bionic Man":vl4uwc78

EcoZilla vs SKX007:

The damn things an animal !!!![/quote:vl4uwc78]
    It is, but I would say if you're curious then go for it, as they're not that expensive and are easy to move on.[/quote:vl4uwc78]

Yep your right im sick of looking at these , i will hunt one down.[/quote:vl4uwc78]
    The stainless steel is cheaper and more attractive than the Ti as it has both brushed and polished parts. The Ti is only around 30g lighter too.