Quote Originally Posted by Bionic Man
Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
Posh Fishcakes

Much nicer than anything you can buy frozen. Healthy and full of goodness, (so not for Andrew then :wink: ).

Ingredients: -

1 Salmon Filet per person - here I'm cooking for me & Lynn, so 2 good sized portions.
2 Eggs.
A bunch of Spring Onions, finely chopped.
Bread Crumbs - Dried work better than fresh - here I'm using my favourite flavoured ones.
The Zest from half a lemon.
Chilies to taste - Ground dried ones work better than fresh with this recipe - not too much though, or you'll overpower the flavour of the Salmon.
A small piece of fresh root ginger, chopped.
Seasoning

Into a bowl put the finely chopped Spring Onions, a good handful of Breadcrumbs, the Lemon Zest, Ginger, Chillies and Seasoning.

Now rip up the salmon filets by hand. Don't cut into pieces with a knife, you need these to be rough textured and reasonably sized.

Add the Salmon pieces to the bowl and add 1 of the eggs - I use Burford Browns.

and work together in the bowl until combined, I use my hands for this - much better than with a spoon or spatula for an even distribution. Now put aside to rest and alow the breadcrumbs to soften and take up some of the egg.

Beat the other egg in a shallow dish to form an egg wash and put a goodly amount of dried breadcrumbs in another.

Divide the mix into good sized portions, I work on 2 fishcakes per person. Form into the traditional fishcake shape, (not too thin mind, these are about one inch thick), and pass each through the egg wash then the breadcrumbs ensuring a good even coating.

Shalow fry in a little oil until golden brown. Don't overcook them, they should be soft and moist inside.

And serve. They work really well as a starter, (you'll only need 1 per person), sat on a bed of watrcress and with a Crevette on top, served with a slice of lemon; or as a healthy main course as I did yesterday evening served with a simple mixed salad, a wild rice salad, freshly baked crusty French Stick and a nice bottle of crisp white wine.

Delicious, enjoy. :)

These are making me hungry they look delicious.
They are, believe me. :)