closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 6105 dial

6105 dial

Hi,anybody know where i can locate an original 6105 dial in good nick, failing that who does the best aftermarket dials

Re: 6105 dial

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704
    Hi,anybody know where i can locate an original 6105 dial in good nick, failing that who does the best aftermarket dials
    Hi

Unfortunately you may as well give up all hope in finding a 6105 dial... sorry to say.

I would ask over at the Seiko & Citizen forum who has the best aftermarket dials...

Thanks
    deano

i dont mean a new one a good used would do

Master

Peter you won't find a NOS one you will have to go for an original that is being sold for spares but it will cost you whichever way you do it, what's wrong with yours i assume it's aftermarket :D

yes its aftermarket and i like it,its just since i got an old all original 6105 watch ,the dials are quite different,i have seen a few on ebay some look good but a bit green lum,some look iffy,just wondered if anybody had got one and could comment on aftermarket quality,you know correct size hour markers,whiter lum,rounded date window ,stuff like that and who they got it from,

yes its aftermarket and i like it,its just since i got an old all original 6105 watch ,the dials are quite different,i have seen a few on ebay some look good but a bit green lum,some look iffy,just wondered if anybody had got one and could comment on aftermarket quality,you know correct size hour markers,whiter lum,rounded date window ,stuff like that and who they got it from,
    Post it on SCWF I have seen good and bad Stephen go on the bay sells them think he is known as the watch works

I' ve got an aftermarket one in my 6105 (also got the original, which is still quite well, but I keep that one in a box).
    I bought mine from SCWF as far as I can remember.
    The lume is great.

My reason for buying an aftermarket dial was the lume that turned black. I just didn't like the discoloration, but didn't want to tinker with the original dial.

You'll just have to look around for some time and then pull the trigger.

I also upgraded to domed sapphire (still got the original crystal). Makes the watch better suited for daily use.

Good luck.

bernard any pic's of the aftermarket dial,whats the quality like?

bernard any pic's of the aftermarket dial,whats the quality like?
    Sorry, haven't got pics.

It's almost identical to the original. Very hard to distinguish between them.
    But the lume is way better ;)

I agree with the comments here. The chances of getting an original 6105 dial (whether NOS or in excellent used condition) would be nigh on impossible. Also, the perfect 6105 aftermarket dial does not exist at the moment.

Here is an aftermarket dial in a 6309/6105 hybrid I have at present. It is a paulynn dial (via the bay) and in my opinion it's the best aftermarket dial out there. OK so the lume is more green than white, but the minute markers are near perfect (unlike the rest of the aftermarket dials out there) and the font is excellent as well.

Peter, I have an original (rather well used) one that you can have FoC. Just sen me your address.

8)

Quote Originally Posted by Molle
    Peter, I have an original (rather well used) one that you can have FoC. Just sen me your address.

8)
    Great gesture Stefan, top bloke !! (If you've got anothe can I have it :lol: :lol: :lol: )
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

cheers stefan your a star!

looks good !why dont they use white instead of green lume,minute markers do look good,should the date window have rounded edges or square?

Dave, I think I have the same dial in mine.

Bernard,
    who is your dial from then?

looks good !why dont they use white instead of green lume,minute markers do look good,should the date window have rounded edges or square?
    Maybe the green lume is cheaper to produce or source, I don't know.

The original should have a date window with round edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard
    Dave, I think I have the same dial in mine.
    Quite possibly Bernard. It will be a paulynn dial if the font of the minute markers is identical, as I am sure paulynn is the only supplier who has got this part of the dial right. You will find that in general, the other types of aftermarket dials on the market will have slightly longer and thinner minute markers.

I got the dial from e-bay, but frankly cannot remember from whom...

Got it 'bout a year ago.

Master

Peter take the old one on offer and keep it original it's an old watch keep it that way, but if not then listen to what Dave says re the one he got from the e bat seller as Dave knows his onions and his seikos :D

this is the dial in at the moment,not brill pic's

this is the dial in at the moment,not brill pic's

Peter, You can compare the font on your dial and likewise with the 6105 paulynn dial on my 6309 hybrid. You will note that the paulynn dial is more accurately detailed (when compared to an original 6105 dial) and would therefore be a decent upgrade. Saying that, an original dial in excellent condition would be the ideal replacement in the real World.

Cheers Dave,
    its a shame that the maker of your dial can't do rounded corner date windows, that would almost a spot on dial then