closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ebay bad lad!

Master

Ebay bad lad!

Hi,

Was well chuffed with myself for picking up a new U Boat Flight Deck 50mm on the 'bay on Sunday. My dear good lady fought hard to win it and we had thought it was worth the punt as it was claimed to be an unwanted present etc. The thinking was that Paypal would cover me against fake or anything like that.
    Anyway, won, paid immediately and then I noticed yesterday that the money had been refunded to my account and a tiny note added claiming that the vendor had damaged the watch....
    I am gutted. What a low trick to pull. I assume it is a matter of wanting more money that I had won the item at (311 GBP) so finding any excuse not to sell. Bang out of order especially after I had set my heart on it after much deliberation about it's integrity. All I could do was leave a negative feedback.... I just hope I don't see it back up for sale in a week or so but if I did what could I do about it?

Master

Re: Ebay bad lad!

What if the watch was actually damaged though? I'm sure you would have been more upset if after paying £311 you had received damaged goods. All things considered you may have had a good outcome on this deal - you have been refunded immediately after all.
    There will be other watches so just put it down to experience - and buy something else. :lol:

Master

I did consider the possibility but I would have been a little more elaborate if I had had the misfortune of a sold item breaking or being damaged. In fact, depending on what damage there is I may have still taken the watch but I don't think he was interested.
    Lik eyou say, one for the Experience Locker!

I once bought something a bit too cheap with buy it now the same day it was listed, buyer then claimed he'd been burgled since listing and it had been stolen. I should have asked for the police crime number :lol:
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

Master
    Blog Entries

Why not pick up a bargain off SC? For that money there will be lots of choice if you monitor it for a week or so, SBIII, Sumo, PRS20 have all been seen at that sort of price (or less) recently, better resale if you flip too.

Craftsman

I recall a few years ago before you needed to list post costs I bought a mobile phone at a very good price I asked for a final price but never got any reply after one week saw item listed again seller then contacted me after a not so nice email and was straight and said item did not make enough money so I am not selling it to you, then had the cheek of asking me agree we decided to cancel auction so seller could get his eBay fees back!!!

In your case smells a bit also heard the house burgled lost item one before.

Peter

Shit happens on Ebay sometimes.

Keep looking - not the most popular piece to find but good discounts seem to apply to the secondhand one's when they pop up.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master

Yeah I am starting to wonder how the U Boats seem so unpopular yet never come up for sale pre owned. Maybe nobody ever buys one new! :lol:

I keep an eye on SC all the time but the watches are either not quite what I fancy or too expensive (the ones I would like).

I bought a rather nice 1950s model of a Mercedes racing car on the 'bay a few years back for a lot less money than it should have gone for. That too was damaged while being wrapped or whatever. I saved the search and the seller as favourites, just in case, but it didn't seem to reappear and he didn't seem to list it again. Worth doing just in case he has done you over and you can get your revenge with Ebay!
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Puntsdog
    Yeah I am starting to wonder how the U Boats seem so unpopular yet never come up for sale pre owned. Maybe nobody ever buys one new! :lol:
    That is probably a good reason :wink:
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master

I managed to get a watch off the german bay at a very good price. Then the vendor apparently knocked it off the table and badly damaged it when packing it to send over to the UK.

At the time I believed him - now I have had second thoughts!

Master

My cynicism is legendary amongst my friends....

Ebay is utterly full of replica u-boats at the moment so consider it as a lucky escape !
    I bet it was fake and for some reason the seller had a change of heart and issued you a refund.