closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival... bit bonkers...

Craftsman

New arrival... bit bonkers...

After seeking high and low for a decent 44mm watch and getting the Anonimo brand recommended to me I decided (slightly on impulse) to buy the Anonimo Zulu Time that Skool had up for sale... I actually think thsi watch has also been owned by Andybee33 and Chartman 69 in the past :shock: so is a bit of an "old bike" where TZ-Uk is concerned!

Anyway, few very crap piccies (there are much better ones on SC on Andybee's old sales thread of the same watch) to share... will add a few more after I get the scuff on the Ox Pro sorted (just waiting to hear back from Anonimo UK)

Ownership experience is very positive so far (after three days with it) - feels well made, nice heft to it, very eye catching and on the Toshi strap that Skool provided it has amazing presence... I doubt this will be the last Anonimo I have and can see myself adding something a bit dressier from the range (the Zulu time might look a little out of place on my suited and booted days - but then again see plenty of folks sporting hefty divers under their Saville Row's). the red stiching on the Toshi and Kodiak actually work very well with the orange, black and red (tiny amount) of the dial... I have been wondering whether a tan strap might look Ok... hmmm...

Re: New arrival... bit bonkers...

Nice watch and I agree with all your points but I don't think this is a keeper becuse it is not a classic IMHO

I think it is one of those watches that pre owned is at a price point that alllows many people to test the anonimo brand, the watch is quirky and attractive but the dial has a certain novelty factor about it

no doubt will see this beauty on the sc again and when it is I might finally give it a try as I have come so close to pulling the trigger before :wink:

Would love to hear what happens about the case refurb, keep us posted

look after it though as there is a good chance ' I'm next' :D

Craftsman

Thanks for posting the pics. Not really sure myself, but it is certainly different.

Life is like a fridge , you only get out what you put in !
    Blog Entries

I loved the watch but could not get on with the Black, I have since come to realise that Black watches of any make are not for me. I did like the Power reserve as well. Good choice to get into Anonimo, the Zulu OX PRO is a fortune new !

Grand Master Scottishtrunkmonkey's Avatar

Too bonkers for me but that said, I have never seen one in the metal
    Respect the past, live the present, protect the future

i quite like it, quirky but nice. :)

Love this watch and glad you bought it in the end as i was trying to justify treating myself after just receiving my Tag Aquagraph.

Enjoy

Craftsman

It definately is quirky and in that respect, a bit like marmite - people will either love it or hate it! It will probably not appeal to those of a more traditional WIS bent - but hell, I am new to this game so I have not got that background experience.

To be honest right now, flipping it is no way on the agenda :) I am beginning to appreciate more of it's qualities - such as the slight dome to the sapphire, the different colour lume based on thehabd function, the positioning of the crown, the magnified date embedded in the dial, the guilloche pattern onthe dial! The only shame is that the display caseback is so nice it needs a more "attractive" movement - it looks a little bit lost in the case - some of the panerai movements just look so "pretty" ;)

I love the watch! does the guilloche dial pop alot or is it subtle?

I've always liked Anonimo and this is no different, although if I were to buy one I'd go for an orange dialed one. If anyone has one to go, please PM me. :-)

Nice dial...

If you like it, wear it often. Remember than those celebrated '70's racing chronos (see post above) seemed pretty radical when they were new.

Journeyman

Something a bit different from the norm and I must admit to liking it.

Love it :bounce: Have you ever seen the blue dialed version? I don't know of anyone who has seen this variant. Although Anonimo says it exists