closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Damasko question...

Craftsman

Damasko question...

I probably know nothing about Damasko really but to me, the 66/67 look like pretty much the same watch as the 56/57 except with the rotatable bezel. If this is correct, and I probably am not, why is the 66/67 nearly twice the price used (as can be seen in the SC)?

Re: Damasko question...

The 56/7 has a 40mm case dia, the 66/7 is 42mm.

The list price differential is nothing like double, but the 66/7 has been made in tiny numbers & the used prices reflect their rarity.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman

They are both phenomenal watches, it really depends on which one you 'like' better.
    There are some used ones for sale, and they're in excellent condition.

Master

Low numbers produced plus cult status means they can charge whatever they want and the demand is there to pay the price.... but things have changed.....but maybe not if they don't produce them any more. The 56/57 is much more available than the 66/67 modell.

Don't know why all this hype for the 66/67 is. The 56/57 is more pleasing to my eyes.

A magnetised Damasko stored next to your other watches could harm them while the Damasko in its farraday shielded case ticks away happily :wink: .

Rarity explains the used price differential. In principle, however, you are right. It's basically just a bigger case with a bezel on it (although the bezel is a very nice one).
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Craftsman

I dare say its the same with the sinns and all other makes... something with a larger case tend to command larger prices?