closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: watches.co.uk

Journeyman

watches.co.uk

I am thinking of buying a speedmaster from watches.co.uk and thought I should ask if anyone has any experience of dealing with them before I part with my cash.

Many thanks

Re: watches.co.uk

I bought a Sub Date from them a couple of years ago. Their prices are not the lowest, but the service was good and the watch was in even better condition than had been advertised.

I would recommend them, and I will use them again, when the need arises.

jtp

Master

+1, recommedned but not the cheapest, good service but don't give you much on a trade in.

I've bought from them before and watch condition was as described (10/10) and delivered the next day.

Prices aren't the cheapest but they are knowledgeable and always have new stock arriving daily.

I would recommend them, but you may save a couple of hundred by using Sales Corner as they do turn up regularly on there.

Very good to deal with and customer service was fantastic. I would not hesitate to use again.

An excellent outfit and probably the next best thing to buying from an AD, you can't go wrong with them, buy with confidence.

Grand Master

I bought a ladies watch from them a couple of years back. excellent service, watch was excellent, price a little high.

Try haggling, it might work :)

Other than the price, I`d recommend them.

Paul

Another recommendation, I've bought 2 from them. Prices are high, but can be inconsistent (they currently have one mil watch that is 2x "normal" price and another that is a bargain. Go figure.)

Another recommendation. The service is very good and the watches always of top quality. Steep prices though and awful trade in prices. If you can afford it though, you wont go wrong.

Journeyman

Many thanks to all who took the trouble to reply, I'm greatful for your help. In case anyone was wondering it's a Speedmaster from the 80's which has a gold face and bi metal braclet. I dont think I've seen one like it before.

Cheers

Ross

Master

Good firm,i had an orange PO from them, discount is a swear word to them though :lol:

Craftsman

Called into them in person one day whilst in London (Chiswick) to view a watch. Didn't go ahead with the purchase - on their advice!!, but on the basis of meeting, chatting in depth and being offered the chance to try on many vintage and extremely expensive grail Rolex's and see a couple of AP's in the process of being serviced, I was impressed with the operation there.

Regards,

Michael.

Craftsman

I made my first major purchase (IWC Mark XV) with them. Being new at the time I was nervous about online dealers etc but Tim was more than happy for me to collect the watch in person, which put my mind at rest. I was also able to look at loads of great watches whilst there and had them regulate adjust the strap for me. Prices are fairly high but you get the watch you want and great service in my opinion.
    Mark

I've bought from them in the past before. Dealt with Dee and Tim. Both very nice and great service. Prices can be ok. No chance of haggling! 10/10 are ok, 9/10 a bit dubious. My lightly worn strap turned out to be cracked significantly and on it's last legs....that said the watch head was fine. :)

Blog Entries

No bargains but there again no nasty surprises either
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Hi,
    Have sold to them with no problems,seem very knowledable on the phone.

Best wishes.

Bought 4 watches from them so far and would buy again.

Prices are clearly higher than private sales, but you have to weigh up the added benefit of buyer protection from a bricks and mortar establishment.

Craftsman

Bought a Glycine from them, happy with the service received.

Great to deal with but i agree they're a bit shy when it comes to a trade in.

I bought a secondhand Rolex Sub from them a few years ago and they were excellent to deal with and I thought the price was very fair.

Journeyman

I did try for a discount, for my trouble I got a rather curt reply stating that all prices were fixed and they were not open to negotiation. In the current climate I'm surprised people still feel they can operate that way. The speedmaster I mad my eye on is from the 80's and it has no paperwork so I'm starting to think £1200 might be a bit high. That said it's a special edition with a gold bezel and pushers, does anyone have any advice as to the value of Omega special editions.

Ross

I have not bought from them, but have sold to them. Very quick and friendly service and fair price (better than other dealers, worse than private sale, of course).

Another recommendation, though a bit pricey

I like watches.co.uk - bought from them a couple of years ago - they actually downgraded the watch I was buying on the pre-delivery inspection and offered to repair or discount the watch...which seemed very honest of them !

Very helpful & an excellent service - are a bit tight on the trade in value , but easy to deal with.

Thanks
    Neil